2. I'm still waiting on the job that I applied for LAST MONTH! After the telephone interview, it was inferred that I had the job, but the company still does not know the start date for the training class. Our starting day is the day of the training class, so until they know when that is, we are sitting in limbo. I'm just ready to quit my present job is all I know.
3. Can someone tell me how you can get the flu twice in 3 months even though you got a damn flu shot? I know, there are 3 strains of flu out this year! That's how!
4. I haven't been dating anyone on the real since Hollywood and I called it quits. Hell, I haven't been on a date in the last 2 months. The last date that I planned, didn't happen cause the dude got called in to work. What I have been doing is hanging out with friends more often. We've been bowling 8 of the last 10 Fridays and usually have some sort of get together every other week. I've been having fun, so until I decide to start dating for real, this is what i'll do.
5. Does anyone else have an ex in their life that they can't stop thinking about. Dreads and I broke up 6 years ago on February 8, 2002 and I don't think that I will ever stop loving this man. Every so often, I get that notion that he and I are soulmates and that we should try again at a relationship. The one looming issue is that we live 200 miles apart and I am not up for distance and I damn sure ain't moving. He can't move because he is still in his PhD. program. Oh well, time will tell.
6. Is anyone else excited that it's tax season? As soon as I wake up in the morning, I am logging into Turbotax and sending mine off. The feds aren't processing until February 11th, but Georgia started processing on the 24th of January. One thing about Georgia is that if I file my taxes tomorrow, I should have my refund by next Wednesday!!
7. It's finalized that I am not planning a trip for my birthday, so that LCD TV (thank God for tax refunds) is in order. One of my co-workers has offered to sell me his 42" for $700. I didn't want on that large, but for the price, I may just get it. At that price i'll have money left over to get a surround sound system to go with it.
8. Even though I don't care who wins the democratic nomination for president, I am still voting for Hillary Clinton. It's not that I like her more, it's just that Barack Obama just doesn't appeal to me. And I WILL NOT vote for him solely because he is Black.
9. One of my friends enrolled in a program called NACA that puts people on the right course to homeownership. He's completed the program and is now looking for a home right now. I may have to look into this cause I'm tired of waiting to buy a home for myself.
10. I need a new wardrobe for real. I have a habit of buying clothes in bunches and wearing them over and over until I get tired of them. I need to revamp my closet and start fresh.