Sunday, October 18, 2009

On Thursday October 8, 2009...







...I embarked upon the Carnival Cruise ship with the Sailsation group!! Since February of this year, I had been waiting for that day and I was ready. I cannot begin to tell you the amount of fun that I had. I really can't, but know that I had the time of my life.

Now of the 2050 passengers on the ship, our group was only 120 of the capacity, but you can best believe that the SGL Black man and women of Sailsation made their presence known. We weren't being extra or anything like that. What we were doing is being ourselves. I was kinda put off at first by the stares that we got from the "others", but then I realized that they weren't there for us and we weren't there for them. We were there to have fun!! And that's what we did. We even had our very own comedian in the form of Comedian PT!!!!!

It was honestly so refreshing to see people who didn't know each other to come together and interact like we had known each other for years. I met so many people that I hope to continue to get to know. I didn't see any shade being thrown. I didn't see any competitions to see who was the better this or that. I didn't see any of the activities that people stereotype upon Black SGL people. All I saw was people having fun. And that was enough for me.

We boarded in Jacksonville FL, sailed to Freeport and Nassau, Bahamas, and then back to Jacksonville.

I'm not sure if they are sailing again next year, but just like someone told me about this trip, i'm telling you all!!!!

Here are some more pictures.
Enjoy!!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger JACK said...

Now that looks like it was a fun trip!

3:30 PM, October 18, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keep me informed the next time you get word on another cruise. I need to be on that ship.

5:02 PM, October 18, 2009  
Blogger ZenBiz Travel, LLC said...

Congratulations. Cruising together is always something special. Hopefully one day soon all of our groups can come together for one big blowout.

9:48 PM, October 18, 2009  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@Jack-It was more fun than I can describe.

@Thad-I'll be sure to let you know!

@Laurence-Now that would be a blast!!!!

11:35 PM, October 18, 2009  
Blogger Chet said...

Pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time on your cruise. It certainly appears that the group was truly in sync and good people. Glad to learn that you had so much fun, it was just what you needed.

12:46 AM, October 19, 2009  
Blogger Kyon Saucier said...

looks like you had fun love the photos!!!

4:54 PM, October 19, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

OKAY I FEEL LIKE CRAP, YOU CAME TO MY COUNTRY & WE DIDN'T MEET...

10:22 AM, October 20, 2009  
Blogger Joey Bahamas said...

YAY!!! The Bahamas is so over...that's why I decided to be born there. LOL

JB

4:09 PM, October 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos...so beautiful..
Love the suits too....

11:48 AM, October 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home