Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm Going To Get...

...myself together for real. I've sat around and just existed for years and years with little progression. I'm nowhere near happy with myself, where I am, how I feel, what I look like, what my career is. I don't think i'm really happy about much these days. But all of that has to change. It has to. I just can't take this anymore.

So Norris has to:

Stop defending old excuses and start developing a new attitude. I had an "AHA" moment today when I almost didn't hang out with a friend. I actually tried to come up with an excuse as to why I shouldn't go. But I went.

Stop being a slave to my own negative aspects. They pop up when I don't want them to. They have got to go!! I have to stop thinking the worst or that nothing good can happen to me.

Learn to like me. Oh, I love myself, but I don't think that I like myself and constantly want to change aspects of myself.

Get off of my ass and get these finances in order. I know that I need a budget, but i've made excuses as to why I shouldn't make one. It's coming, but I think I need to find a financial counselor. I honestly can't do this on my own. I've even thought about filing bankruptcy even though I know I don't have to.

Everything here has something to do with my attitude and I have to find a way to get change that. The problem is that sometimes I don't think that I am doing anything wrong. I don't realize that it's wrong until after. Gotta change that.

I have to change a lot of things. And i'm starting today.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kyon Saucier said...

I am sure you will do all you set out to do Norris luv.

7:34 PM, September 18, 2009  
Blogger Corey Keith said...

I love your blog. I don't comment often, but I so understand where you are coming from with this post. However, I urge you to accept the things you cannot change and embrace them. There are negative aspects to each of us that we must work on but there are also negative aspects we cannot change. Seperate the two and enjoy the growth that you are about to undergo.

10:19 PM, September 18, 2009  
Blogger Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

yes work corey! but i was gon say


**TURNS ON NEW ATTITUDE!**

GO FOR IT BOY!

10:38 PM, September 18, 2009  
Blogger CrocoEmbossed said...

Your finances probably aren't even all your fault. Yeah, you probably could be more disciplined with your spending but who couldn't? I've discovered that Black folks simply don't earn the salary that they are worth. We are constantly short-changed.

Maybe focus on a promotion, a new job or an advancement certificate/degree so that you can demand more money.

White men have no problem being assertive (i.e. "a dick") in the career arena because they own the world and they know it. Black men always tread a little lighter because we play second fiddle and we know it.

8:57 AM, September 19, 2009  
Blogger E said...

Stella Della...I was just thinking about "New Attitude" when reading Norris's entry.

Norris, I'm rooting for you all the way. Life's definitely too short to not be happy.

7:52 PM, September 19, 2009  
Blogger Chet said...

Norris you may not be happy with some of the things in our life but keep in mind that you are truly blessed. Of course you've heard the old saying "The most important thing is to remember this: To be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become." W.E.B. Du Bois

I have no doubt you will accomplish your goals. So very often we tend to exisit instead of living. Start living Norris!

11:58 PM, September 20, 2009  
Blogger Twisted Wing said...

i love this blog because i see MYSELF on it all the time. You are not alone in your quest for self development... stay on the path, we are walking on it together

6:53 AM, September 22, 2009  
Blogger Immanuel said...

Thanks for reading my blog man!

I like your honest thoughts. The first step in improving your life is realizing it needs improvement.

Chet is right. Count your blessings first.

And take your time. Make a list of things you want to change and write a list and do ONE THING AT A TIME. If you overtax yourself you will get overwhelmed.

Immanuel ...Confessions of a Down-Low Brother

4:06 PM, September 22, 2009  
Blogger deonte' k said...

Great 4 you buddy... there's nothing wrong with change, and you hit it on the nail by acknowledging it 1st! Good Luck! ;)

1:10 PM, September 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home