Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Repost: 7/19/05 Free, Single, and Disengaged

Since i'm feeling like i'm in this situation again, I feel as though this post needs to be seen again!!
It was originally posted on 7/19/05!!!


I want to introduce you all to FSD. Free, Single, and Disingaged. I don't have to call anyone. Dont have to wonder about where he is. Dont have to wonder about about what he is doing. Dont have to wonder about who he is with. I ain't got to think about anybody but me. But there is a difference in those three words.

Free-I may be dating someone but there are not expectations on the part of either party. I don't have to call you. I can go out with other people if I choose. I can have sex with anyone willing to do it with me. We can basically use each other to occupy time by going out on dates with each other.

Single-I may be seeing someone. We may have been seeing each other for a year or two. But, there is no commitment on either part. We may acknowledge that we are a couple, but there still has not been a commitment. We have totally separate lives. We don't share finances. We don't consult each other on life decisions. We don't know the other person's family.

Disengaged-I am not seeing anyone. I am not dating anyone. I ain't trying to be bothered because I am S.A.L.I. Single and Loving It. But notice that I didn't say anything about sexing somebody. A man has to get what he needs.

But I do have a confession. I'm single, and free, but not disengaged. I am dating someone. The same person that was the subject of "The Wonderful Letter X" post. I decided to give him another chance. "Why did you do that" some may ask. It's simple. I like him and do see potential in him. And he has agreed to get a mobile phone.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

WELL ISNT THIS SOMETHING!

1:18 AM, September 02, 2009  
Blogger Ty said...

Alright for stepping up and FINALLY getting a mobile. I hope it works out for you guys.

10:19 AM, September 02, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm somewhere between being single and disengaged. Interesting repost.

4:21 PM, September 03, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be hitched soon.

6:09 AM, September 04, 2009  
Blogger E said...

So when you do a rerun, is it the same person that you're dating that was the subject of that post? Just wondering if it's reruns all around.

1:00 AM, September 07, 2009  
Blogger DFitz Online said...

my mother told me never to fall for potential...

7:49 AM, September 09, 2009  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@E-It wasn't the same person. I just reposted this because I was in that mindset.

2:40 PM, September 09, 2009  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

Oh really? Well, I'mma be monitoring the situation just in case I have to come down and straighten somebody out.

1:46 AM, September 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home