Monday, August 10, 2009

I Made These...

...all by myself!!!!








These 2 pieces made up the wooden headboard from my old bed. The bed broke when I decided to jump my ass on it one day while this dude I was dating was laying on it and the entire bed HIT THE FLOOR. After getting a new bed that day, I just couldn't part with the headboard. So I took the 2 pieces apart and stored them in the garage for the next year. I knew I had to do something with the with them.


Well last week, I got bored and decided to to a little decorating. I went to Home Depot and got 2 cans of spray paint and some painter's tape. I taped off the sections I wanted to paint and got to work. Let me tell you that spray painting is not as easy as it one would think.

I then went to a dollar store and bought a simple black rimmed $6 mirror and used wood glue to secure it against the former headboard. I mounted the shelf on the wall and put the items you see pictured on it.

After all was said and done, everyone who saw the mirror and shelf thought that I had purchased them from Ikea or somewhere!! Nope!! I am proud to say that I made these myself!!!!

Now I have HGTV fever and am wondering what to do next!!!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

well arent you very martha this weekend... but is suggesting did you buy it from Ikea, really a compliment? lol

1:27 PM, August 10, 2009  
Blogger Ty said...

Go 'head with yo bad self. When you are done, I can use a few pieces.

4:20 PM, August 10, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nicely done.

9:18 AM, August 11, 2009  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I'm impressed!

10:49 AM, August 11, 2009  
Blogger Kyon Saucier said...

It looks great luv!

8:28 PM, August 11, 2009  
Blogger Erika said...

that is really impressive!

bet you never thought breaking a headboard could result in something so positive!

9:28 PM, August 11, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am scared of you! You remind me of Stella from How Stella Got Her Groove Back!

1:42 PM, August 12, 2009  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@Charles-My whole bedroom is from Ikea!!!!

@Ty-Tune into HGTV!!

@Curio-Thanks!

@ladyNay-Thanks Sista!!

@Kyon-Thanks. I really did work hard on this.

@Erica-I really didn't think about it. I damn near cried when that bed broke!!

@J4T-I've designed a table!! Don't give me any ideas.

4:27 PM, August 12, 2009  
Blogger CrocoEmbossed said...

Nothing wrong with someone thinking it came from Ikea as opposed to Fendi Casa or somewhere. It's def a compliment.

That's some design on a dime stuff right there, and I'm impressed - poppin' what ya got!

9:14 PM, August 12, 2009  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

CrocoEmbossed-I had never heard of Fendi Casa until now!!!! I'll stick to Ikea!!

9:17 PM, August 12, 2009  
Blogger Chet said...

Very nice in such good taste.

9:53 PM, August 12, 2009  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

Niiiiice. Well done.

4:03 PM, August 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home