Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Have No Faith...

...in people when it comes to spiritual beliefs and I believe that I have explained why in at least one post or another. This was a thread on facebook that a "friend" of mine posted. The comments, although intended to be comical, just made my eyes bug out. Why are people so critical of other people's beliefs?


GK: asks what do you say to an atheist after they sneeze?? Anyone?? lol

Yesterday at 4:48pm · Comment ·

LC: Kazuntite!! Lol Idk
Yesterday at 4:50pm

GK: lmao! thats a good one
Yesterday at 4:51pm

NP: Hope u didn't get any on you
Yesterday at 5:15pm

AJJ : "You're f#cked!" Lol sike just playing...I don't know good question.
Yesterday at 5:17pm

Norris: You don't say anything and respect their beliefs. That's what I do.
Yesterday at 5:30pm ·
Delete

TU: Jesus loves you! LOL!
Yesterday at 5:31pm


GK: When u die nothin happens???
Yesterday at 5:45pm

CM: Go to hell?? lol They'd probably love that.
Yesterday at 5:58pm

Norris: Wow!! I can't even joke on this one because of the negative judgements about other people's beliefs. And people wonder why I stopped going to church. Why can't people just respect what other people believe?
Yesterday at 6:55pm ·
Delete

NJ: Welp I think Norris just shut this topic all the way down. NEXT! Lmao
55 minutes ago



I just didn't think that this was funny. If someone had made fun of Christianity, Islam, or Judiasm, I don't think there would have been any LOLs in the comments.

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Jones said...

You're right. This is why I just cant get down with the churchies. Too much hypocrisy for me.

12:49 AM, October 05, 2009  
Blogger Chet said...

Touchy subject.

1:12 AM, October 05, 2009  
Blogger Chet said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:12 AM, October 05, 2009  
Blogger Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

The responses were very immature.

7:43 AM, October 05, 2009  
Blogger Rodrigo Zambia Cruz said...

To That Dude Right There,Your lack of faith has blocked major blessings in your life. Where is your faith? Everything in life requires a measure of faith.
---
To Mr.Jones,
Get over it sir, the chruch is full of x somethings. You are allowing other people to block your blessings, take the mask off and allow God to really work in your life. God's grace and mercy has been extended to many, and he has not lifted the viel off, we all have faluts but should be moving forward.
--
To Stella, yes they were, but the response show how misinformed the people were.
--
Chet, Yes its a touchy subject, but I'm not afraid to go there.
--
To That Dude Right There,Get back your faith in life, in the possibilites in what can be, your goals, dreams and visions for your life. I will address this more in the coming days on my blog at http://thesimplelifeofrodrigo.blogspot.com/
I want you to work on moving forward, its not about your past its about your future.

10:09 AM, October 05, 2009  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@Rodrigo-If you can tell me exactly which blessing have been blocked, i'll reconsider my faith. I haven't lost my faith in God, i've lost my faith in people when it comes to spiritual beliefs. It's not God that I have the problem with, it's the people that attempt to tell me what God wants. No one knows and know one can tell me for sure.

For that reason, I will stick with what I believe in.

10:55 PM, October 05, 2009  
Blogger E said...

Word TDRT! I guess unfortunately some groups are easy targets for jokes while like you said if other groups were joked about, all hell would break loose.

11:40 PM, October 05, 2009  
Blogger Kyon Saucier said...

This precisely why I do not make it a habit of discussing relgious veiws with those who are not like minded, it is simply to personal and too touchy. Sometimes it is better to leave the can of worms unopened.

5:29 PM, October 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I think the comments left were intended for a joke. We tend not to joke abut anything that is seen as traditional. So they can joke about atheists, other minorities and it is fine.

I would say bless you. I have an atheist friend and he would not flip if I said that.

8:17 AM, October 08, 2009  
Blogger Prince Todd said...

Well, I'm agnostic myself and I used to immaturity and hypocrisy from the majority of Christians. I used to be a devout christian and most of the time it comes with the territory.
Myself, I don't know what is beyond life as we know it and unless someone died and came back then neither do they (Near Death Experiences do not count)...All I try to do is live everyday as a good person. That blesses and makes me happy.
To quote the Dalai Lama "My religion is kindness."
Be that as it may I don't care what anyone says when I sneeze. lol.

10:50 AM, October 08, 2009  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

I was stunned by Rodrigo's comments. How presumptuous to assume that we can know when other people's blessing are blocked. Norris you were right to point out that all are entitled to believe what they want to believe. But the post points out the problem with many modern Christians. Too many of us are "word" Christians we say I'm blessed, Praise the Lord and thank you Jesus with our mouths but our lives betray our words. Where is the patience, the kindness and the temperance in our lives?

4:13 AM, October 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home