Thursday, January 31, 2008

Update 1/31/07

1. I dropped off my diet (DAMN JOB) and still lost 10 pounds. I'm down to 190lbs and was able to get into my favorite pair of jeans that I had to squeeze into last month.

2. I'm still waiting on the job that I applied for LAST MONTH! After the telephone interview, it was inferred that I had the job, but the company still does not know the start date for the training class. Our starting day is the day of the training class, so until they know when that is, we are sitting in limbo. I'm just ready to quit my present job is all I know.

3. Can someone tell me how you can get the flu twice in 3 months even though you got a damn flu shot? I know, there are 3 strains of flu out this year! That's how!

4. I haven't been dating anyone on the real since Hollywood and I called it quits. Hell, I haven't been on a date in the last 2 months. The last date that I planned, didn't happen cause the dude got called in to work. What I have been doing is hanging out with friends more often. We've been bowling 8 of the last 10 Fridays and usually have some sort of get together every other week. I've been having fun, so until I decide to start dating for real, this is what i'll do.

5. Does anyone else have an ex in their life that they can't stop thinking about. Dreads and I broke up 6 years ago on February 8, 2002 and I don't think that I will ever stop loving this man. Every so often, I get that notion that he and I are soulmates and that we should try again at a relationship. The one looming issue is that we live 200 miles apart and I am not up for distance and I damn sure ain't moving. He can't move because he is still in his PhD. program. Oh well, time will tell.

6. Is anyone else excited that it's tax season? As soon as I wake up in the morning, I am logging into Turbotax and sending mine off. The feds aren't processing until February 11th, but Georgia started processing on the 24th of January. One thing about Georgia is that if I file my taxes tomorrow, I should have my refund by next Wednesday!!

7. It's finalized that I am not planning a trip for my birthday, so that LCD TV (thank God for tax refunds) is in order. One of my co-workers has offered to sell me his 42" for $700. I didn't want on that large, but for the price, I may just get it. At that price i'll have money left over to get a surround sound system to go with it.

8. Even though I don't care who wins the democratic nomination for president, I am still voting for Hillary Clinton. It's not that I like her more, it's just that Barack Obama just doesn't appeal to me. And I WILL NOT vote for him solely because he is Black.

9. One of my friends enrolled in a program called NACA that puts people on the right course to homeownership. He's completed the program and is now looking for a home right now. I may have to look into this cause I'm tired of waiting to buy a home for myself.

10. I need a new wardrobe for real. I have a habit of buying clothes in bunches and wearing them over and over until I get tired of them. I need to revamp my closet and start fresh.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Kyon Saucier said...

Sounds like everything is wokring for you for the best. Keep doing well zami.

4:06 PM, January 31, 2008  
Blogger Ty said...

Yes I'm excited about tax season too. I don't know what splurge I will indulge in but it will be something.

6:08 PM, January 31, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Okay - so a lot is going on in ur life, huh - lol

7:34 PM, January 31, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

My taxes are already earmarked! I'm about to blow shit up!
Congrats on the weight loss!
Fingers are crossed on the job thingy!
Go Clinton!
Exes...lawd...exes!
Don't stay away so long!!!

8:28 PM, January 31, 2008  
Blogger Curious said...

I am going to comment on only 2 things right now.

1st, 1 - I hate you right now, I have only lost 2lbs so I'm extremely jealous.

2nd, 5 - I was looking for something about Liz taylor on You Tube and I saw her singing Send in the Clowns. For the first time ever, I understood what the song was about because it it took me immediately to the last time I saw my ex. It was just like that but no singing and I realized we'll never get back together. But truth be told, I think about him everyday

9:31 PM, January 31, 2008  
Blogger SpecialK261 said...

thanx for the words man...i enjoyed your blog once again...sorry about fallin' off..will be back in due time...lol

6:07 PM, February 02, 2008  
Blogger fuzzy said...

I agree with Cocoa with everything except for the Hilary thing! lol I just need to realy think about who I want to be in office. I feel this is a democratic election anyway.

wonder how u lost 10 lbs off your diet! Congrats though!

6:18 PM, February 02, 2008  
Blogger Chet said...

1. One hundred ninety pounds the perfect weight for your height; bet those jeans look good on you.
2.Hopefully you will hear something soon and training sessions can begin for the new job. Anticipation is a mutha. Soon you will be giving your current employer the two week notice. Best wishes to you on the new job.
3.I am almost certain you got the flu from touching surfaces touched by other human beings, not sure if the Flu shot is really worth getting each year, I have not had one this year and I have been good thus far no real flu issues.
4. Time to test the waters Mister and start dating again. Of course you can still continue to spend quality time with your friends just
make time for dating.
5.Yes we all have that Ex we can't get over, but trust it isn't worth your time to think about getting back together, move around and find yourself another soulmate, oh yeah it is possible my brotha to find someone who will capture your attention and you will forget about the EX.
6.Excited no! Delighted heck Yeah! Visa will be getting a very large payment.
7. What day is your Birthday? I know that it is coming up soon, but I would like to know on what day. Whats the business with purchasing another television, whats with your other television doesn't project images as well as you would like it to? Seriously how much televison do you watch? Okay! Hey that is why we work to have the things we want. So get the television.
8.It is whats up front that counts. Vote your conscience. You have principals.
9.NACA sounds like it would be of interest to you. First house or condo.
10.Simplicity is the key, stick to the basics and add as you go along, it keeps cost down and you still have a fashionable wardrobe.

6:19 PM, February 02, 2008  
Blogger WhozHe said...

That flu thing I'm still trying to figure out. I got a shot and still caught the flu.

I don't know if I like Hillary more than Obama, but ever since Clarence Thomas was appointed to the Supreme Court I decided that everybody who looks like me ain't like me. I'll make my decision in a few weeks.

7:22 AM, February 03, 2008  
Blogger E said...

Hey congrats on the weight loss. That definitely must feel good.

I totally need to get started on my taxes as well. I already have mine spent as well...some of it will probably go towards paying down my car note.

5:03 PM, February 03, 2008  
Blogger ThisMightBeMe said...

On Number 10...Let's Go Shopping! LOL

11:59 PM, February 03, 2008  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

Mr. Jones will help you on the wardrobe tip!

12:04 AM, February 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home