Monday, April 05, 2010

Update 4/1/2010

Ok, so I have been missing from blogland for quite a while. Don't ask me why, but blogging lost it's luster. I barely even read them anymore. But I think it was a Mary J. Blige kinda thing. As long as I was not so happy, I had something to blog about. Now that happiness is a part of my life, I don't feel like I have as much to talk about.

But anyway...on to the updates of which there aren't many.

1. GE and I are moving in together after only 5 months of dating. Yeah, yeah I know it's soon, but you know what? We love each other and it's something that we are both comfortable with and want to do. I've thought about this for a few weeks and we've discussed it and we have decided to do it. We have decided to lease a house (no more apartments for me) for a year and if things are going well, we will buy one after that.

2. I'm getting closer and closer to getting out of debt. Paying the most I can each month keeps me broke, but I should be credit card debt free within the next 6 months. I'll keep the 2 cards that I use open and pay them off monthly.

3. I have really been enjoying life and making sure that I keep a smile of my face. I learned that happiness is a decision and I decided to be happy. I've been hanging out with my friends a lot more and that has a lot to do with it. They keep my laughing and drinking.

4. After months of speculation, we are about to find out what's happening with my company. Either we will finally work for Hilton or be switched to yet another contract company. There are rumblings that either way we would all be getting pay raises that are competitive with other companies.

5. I still haven't gotten my weight where I want it and i'm back up to 210lbs where I was when I started this blog almost 5 years ago. I just don't have the motivation to work out like I used too. But with this second cruise coming up in October I need to really get on the ball. Luckily it's Spring so I can get back on the tennis court again. And when we move, there will be an LA Fitness right next to the subdivision. Let's hope that helps.

That's all for now, but I wanted to start back on the blog trail and this is something. Let's see if I can post again before the week is over.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger E said...

Let me be the first to congratulate GE and yourself for making the step to move in together. The key is you both love each other and have discussed moving in together. The one year lease will hopefully solidify things between you two further. That's great news. :-)

I'm also happy to hear that things may be looking up for you soon in the job department. It'll be so hot if you become official Hilton employees but I can see how being a contract company would be lucrative as well.

Speaking of working out, I need to get myself back on track as well. It's a work in progress.

10:12 PM, April 05, 2010  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I'd rather you hang out without the computer and be happy than blog everyday about being down that's for sure!

In love, house renting, debt paying, socializing, pay it increases, cruises...that's what is up mayne! Kudos!

5:39 AM, April 06, 2010  
Blogger Chet said...

I understand completely and wish you all the very best. I'm pleased to hear that your life includes happiness, kudos to you and Ge for making the move and thank the heavens for good friends it appears they keep quite happy too.

1:46 PM, April 06, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

now this is some good news i needed to read young bruh-all the best to you and your man!!! happiness is a decision...i'm using that one damnit lol !!!

4:23 PM, April 06, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

now this is some good news i needed to read young bruh-all the best to you and your man!!! happiness is a decision...i'm using that one damnit lol !!!

4:23 PM, April 06, 2010  
Blogger CrocoEmbossed said...

Is GE the same guy as HR?

9:34 PM, April 06, 2010  
Blogger Troy N. said...

every time I see the initials GE I'm thinking of the time I had at that dern corporation!LOL! Anywho, how different and great it is to read you are finally, whatttt, happy, damnit, now enjoy it and forget about blogland it'll be here when you get back, IF, you decide to come back:)

4:41 PM, April 08, 2010  
Blogger Will said...

Great news. Best of luck to you.

7:21 PM, April 08, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you mean about blogging loosing its luster...I took some time off myself...

7:58 PM, April 09, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

So late...but congrats boy! I'm so happy for you. Now instead of Blogger gatherings we'll have to have Why Did We Get Married Gatherings for Bloggers. At the rate we're all going it will have to be held at a Happy Fat Farm...lol

Take care and keep passi'n the open windows...

9:32 AM, April 12, 2010  
Blogger Sparkle Bell said...

Thanks for the update!

1:30 PM, May 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home