1. I'm dating someone new that I actually think likes me as much, if now more than I like him. Hmmm, i'll call him HR. HR and I met on the cruise that I went on last month. We were leaving the ship and he asked me for a pen to fill out his customs form. Our eyes met and I felt something, but I wasn't sure. Well, he found me on Facebook and it's been good from there.
2. I got a ticket on Monday. I was on a one way street in the far right lane and needed to make a left turn. The lane I was in was an option lane to either turn left or go straight. The car next to me was in the lane to turn left only. When the light turned, th driver kept straight. To keep from hitting her, I had to keep straight also. The problem was that this was an HOV onramp. Wouldn't you know it that there were 2 police officers waiting around the corner. She had a passenger, so she didn't get stopped. I was riding solo and I got a ticket. But surprisingly, I didn't get upset. I just pressed on to where I had to go. No point in gettin upset.
3. I'm a lot happier than I was just a month ago. I don't know what it was, but after the cruise, I felt rejuvenated and just plain happy. I guess I realized again that being happy is a choice and state of mind. I decided to stop worrying about things that I can't control and change the things that need to be changed.
4. I've been off my diet and exercise plan for the last month and it's showing. When i'm working, I eat 3 large meals and rarely exercise. As long as i'm off, I eat well because I can go to the grocery store and choose my meals. That's a lot more difficult on the road traveling. But I think I may be off for about 3.5 weeks starting tomorrow, so it's back to the diet.
5. Since I can't play tennis during the colder months, i'm going to buy me a raquetball raquet and some raquetballs and play at my complex. I didn't even know that we had a raquetball court!! But i'm going to use this as my exercise for the time being. I actually took a class back in college, so I still know the rules.
6. I'm getting the finances in order like I said that I would. It's easy not to spend money when you pay all of your bills first. At that point there is less to money to waste. My next goal is to tackle my credit report and see what needs to be cleaned up there. The goal after that is to contribute more to my savings account.
7. I started volunteering with the American Cancer Society last week. Since it's Michelle Obamas initiative to increase volunteerism, I figured that I might as well do my part. The fact that I have plenty of days off with nothing to do helps also. I'm enjoying the experience thus far and hope to continue.
8. I've decided to discontinue looking for another job and work on improving what I have in the job that I have. I know that there aren't any promotions or raises coming, but I want to be too valuable to let go in case of any layoffs.
9. I've finally gotten over my distaste of taking pictures. I swear that there is always something off about me when I take pictures. Either my hair is nappy looking, my nose grows, i'm 3 shades darker or lighter or just something. Now, I just put on my best smile and take the picture!!! I'm loving what i've seen so far.
10. I haven't been blogging a lot because there hasn't been much on my mind. I read a lot of my older blogs post and saw that most of them were all about my sorrows and woes. Well since i'm a lot happier with life, there isn't as much to blog about. But I think i'll start to blog about my everyday experiences.