Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm Tired and I'm Staying Single Until...

After years and years of dating and relationships, I think that I have reached my breaking point. I'm tired.

I'm tired of men and all that come with them.

I'm tired of wasting time with men that have nothing going for them.

I'm tired of men who can't/won't tell the truth.

I'm tired of men who have no car.

I'm tired of men who expect too much.

I'm tired of men who "just need a little help".

I'm tired of men who can't keep a commitment.

I'm tired of men who don't know how to return a phone call.

I'm tired of men who can't speak their minds.

I'm tired of men who are passive.

I'm tired of men who don't have shit to show for their lives.

I'm tired of men who can't get off of their mothers' breast.

I'm tired of men who can't see another opinion about something.

I'm tired of men who can't keep a clean house.

I'm tired of men who can't come visit me at my house.

I'm tired of men who have no money.

I'm tired of men who blame others for their problems.

I'm tired of men who only want to have sex, but say otherwise.

I'm tired of men who can't compromise.

I'm tired of men who say one thing, but to another.

I'm tired of men who have bad credit.

I'm tired of men who live with a "friend until they can get an apartment".

I'm tired of men who want to know "can you take me..."

I'm tired of men who have no backbone or balls.

I'm tired of men who have bad breath.

I'm tired of men who live beyond their means.

I'm tired of men who don't act their age.

I'm tired of men who smoke cigarettes.

I'm tired of men who smoke weed.

I'm tired of men who aren't trying to better themselves.

I'm tired of men who say that they don't want children.

I'm tired of men who have no common sense.

I'm tired of men and from this point I think that it's time that I stay single.

I will stay single until I meet a brotha that makes me feel comfortable with him.

I will stay single until I find a brotha who is compatible with me.

I will stay single until I meet a brotha who doesn't make me say "he's ok, but..."

I will stay single until I decide to date again.

I will stay single until I just can't take being single anymore.

I will stay single until I meet a man that wants to go out on a real date.

I will stay single until I meet a man that is courteous in all aspects

I will stay single until I get what I want.

I might just have to stay single forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To look at the immediate for the full development of that which is to be, absent in sight is presently available beyond the sense of our natural ability. Touching which is intangible with our hope that will overly satisfy this void that which is described.

1:10 AM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...yeah i think u need to stay single...you complain too much...it seems like every other blog is man bashing...its not that serious bro...and u in the gay capital of the country...maybe its not all the men or boyz u meeting...maybe its the man in the mirror....."you can only expect what your willing to bring"

8:26 AM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the "might have to stay single forever" statement!

*sigh* I know how you feel

9:04 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@Captain--Stop doing that. You know it's annoying.

@Pono--I have in my life dated 1 real man. Distance kept up from sustaining a relationship.


@Anonymous#1--I hate to get defensive, but you missed the whole point of the post. These are things that I hate dealing with, but it's all I seem to get. So, until you walk a mile in my moccassins, shut the fuck up.

@Anonymous#2--Being single can't be that bad.

11:26 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Hondo's Boy said...

I feel you on some of the statements but, to be perfectly honest, I think that in some regards you are being a little unrealistic. If you met a man that had none of the characteristics you describe, he would , in fact, be perfect and we all know there are no perfect men. It seems like you may (and I could be wrong here, so don't take offense) want things to be too easy. Love is not easy. We need to understand that in order to date and love someone we take on, not only the good things about them, but we take on their "shit", if you will. Give some of these brothas a break because when you do find the one that meets the criterion you set forth, I guarantee he will present you with another laundry list of things you're going to add in a future post...Be easy. Live life. Give them all a chance. The good, the bad and the ugly ones. lol.

12:24 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Staying single till you decide otherwise...good move. We all need some time to ourselves whether we like it or not, we need it.

1:28 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

here he go ranting again... LOL

like the post

4:11 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@Hondo's Boy--I'm not being unrealistic. I never said that I wouldn't deal with these things. I said that I was TIRED of them. I don't want them to be perfect, just compatible with me.

@Ladynay--For some reason, I knew that you would understand.

@Reddmann-One of the tags is "RANT". LOL

4:23 PM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I decided a long time ago I love being single. Ain't nothing wrong with that. But even so, it would be nice to not have to deal with the crap on your list. (I could add a few items by the way.) But it is a fact, ain't nobody perfect. A good friend told me once that it's not about finding who you feel is your perfect match, it's about finding someone whose flaws you can learn to tolerate. Since I'm basically pretty angry and intolerant in some respects, I decided that moment to just stay single. And I do.

That don't mean there aren't some guys I pine for, though!

9:58 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger life said...

Darn, I'm tired now. Raise the bar that dude

10:44 PM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m tired, too. Lord, I’m tired.

I’m tired of meeting men who have 10 foot walls up around them. That’s all I seem to meet. And I am tired of it.

I'm tired of men who can't wait to have sex but when I tell them, "No, I'm looking for more than sex," then they say, "I'm just looking for friendship" or something just as contradictory. I'm tired of it.

I live many many states away from Atlanta and every other man I meet is “not trying to get into anything serious because (he) is trying to move to Atlanta." Why do men think that Atlanta is the promised land? The grass is not greener. You should set up an email account for me to refer these men to. Then you can tell them that Atlanta is no different than where they currently live. I met one Atlanta-bound man last summer and one last month. And I’m tired of it. One hated his life and the fact that he was 28 and living with momma so he had the worst attitude and I told him so: "I don't know how to deal with you because I've never seen a man with an attitude like that." I would expect his attitude from a woman with ten children who can't get no help from her baby favas. But of course, he didn't have an attitude when I first met him but it slowly started to creep out.

Like Mary J sang in "Don't Waste Your Time" her Mary CD, “I get so tired of walking away again and again.” But I've done it so much, especially in the past year, that it's easy. It still makes me tired.

And it's not me. I have my shit together. I have a decent education, job, house, attitude, body, teeth, breath, and lots of love to offer.

TIRED

8:32 AM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Lola Gets said...

Im a woman, and even I can agree with most of what you said, lol.
L

10:53 PM, February 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh hun if ur tired of men and u r a man urself than what will poor women do?but u made a really strong point there.I related to that 100% so thx for speaking ur mind.I think u pinpointed all the issues of relationships :)

3:49 PM, September 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better to live single and free than to be a slave to your coveted dissapointments. Leave the men alone and enjoy life before you die.

11:50 AM, October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home