Monday, January 01, 2007

The New Year


So it's a new year and all of that good stuff so I guess it's time to reflect on 2006 and wish upon 2006. So here it goes:
Thankful: I had a lot to be thankful for in 2006 that carry over into 2007
That I am still alive. No one close to me died this year, but people that I know and was aquainted with did. There are some days that I don't think about how valuable my life is to me and to the people that love and care about me. Each time someone dies, the thought that it could be me, lingers in my head for a few days.
That I have real friends. I make it a point to let my friends know that they are special to me. There have been a few that I thought about letting go of, but it has taken too long to get friendships this close. But it does still amaze me that after a year and a half in Atlanta, I still haven't met that many people who can just be "friends". And I also wished that more of my friends lived in Atlanta. Birmingha, Memphis, New York, Chicago, D.C. and cool to visit, but I can't do it all of the time.
That I have everything that I NEED. There are a lot of things that I want to have and experience before I take my last breath. Things such as a husband, kids, a Jaguar XJ8, a nice home, and complete happiness. But having the essentials of life are good enough for me.
That I truly love myself. I know that I am nowhere near perfect, but I love me some me. It has taken me years to get to this point, but dammit, it's here. My whole existence as of now is centered around me loving me.
Planning:How am I gonna enrich my life in 2007?
I have to stop drinking alcohol or at least cut back on the amount that I drink. The reasoning isn't health related, it's budget related. When I go out, I spend too dang much money on liquor. This weekend over 3 days, I think that I spent about $100 on drinking. That ish has to stop.
Stop going off on people. A lot of people think that I am mean as hell because I am pretty confrontational. I'll snap on a biatch in a minute and I have always had that reputation. I don't want it anymore. I think that a nicer less confrontational me has to emerge
Find another job. Although my job allows me to travel all over the country, it's getting old. I think that it's time for me to actually settle and LIVE in Atlanta instead of just residing here when I am not traveling. I also want something with some upward mobility. If I could find a company that allows me to advance as I learn, I would love it. I have found one and interviewed. I am just waiting to hear back from them. If I get it, I will probably be the happiest man in Georgia.
Take time for myself. I need some days where the phone is off and the door is locked and I don't have to do anything. I spend my off days now wondering what I could be doing instead of just resting. And I also need to re-start my solo vacations.
Spend less. I don't have a problem with what I earn, but what I spend. I have always had this problem, but it has to end this year. I don't know how I am gonna do it, but I am gonna actually save some money this time. I want to buy a house for my 30th birthday and I need to get on the track to get that going.
Find some new friends. I a'm talking about people that I can enjoy being with and that I can trust. I love the one's that I have, but most of them live in other cities. There are only 2 people in Atlanta (Mashaun, you are one of them) that I can call "friends" and mean it. But I also want to make sure that I find people who are on a progressive track in their life. I don't want to be bogged down by folks who have no plan for their lives.
Get my body the way that I want it. It's not bad, it's just not the way that I want to have it. Gotta keep working at it. I will have the boys (and girls) cat-calling and whistling before 2008!
Meet some of the Atlanta bloggers. Why don't we all meet up for lunch or dinner and drinks or something? We all know that each other exists.
Just be happy. Happiness, I have found out, is a decision. And I have decided to just be happy with life.
What do you all have planned to enrich your lives in 07?

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger life said...

First, I hope I don't have the same story you have about Atlanta (after being here for a year and a half). I've been here for like 4 months.

I too want a new job. They just promoted me and they gave a tiny bump in pay. I feel bad...not enough to stay.

I want to get my money right too. I want to move into a house before I turn 26. I have to watch my shopping. I don't drink for one of the reasons you just mention.

I also want to work on my relationship building.

3:56 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

I want to really get my money right. I'm feeling that Jaguar XJ8! I want to be in one one day

4:55 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

What a nice post and pic!

2007 for me will be spent making me a better me in all aspects...

7:59 AM, January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No use to plan anything...

9:48 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@Life-Everything that you want you have to actively plan and look for. That's what I am doing.

@Trina-Whoever gets the Jag first has to let the other borrow it for the first week of each month.

@LadyNay-Thanks for the compliment. Now when are you coming to Atlanta?

@Captain-Those who fail to plan, plan to fail. Now share that!

11:15 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

sounds like good plans to me

2:35 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger terpFAN said...

i like the pic too ... u are laid-back yet reflective

as for your question i would like to say my goal is to learn a new language just to sound good but i know i probably wont commit myself (thus the problem w/ resolutions)

so i'll just say i want to build on the progress i made in '06 -- secularly, spiritually, psychologically

3:48 PM, January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The plan of my Master is more important and brilliant for me than any plan I can devise.

So I let go and let Him do it all.

7:56 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

I don't mind sharing if you don't
:-)

5:12 AM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Somewhere in the week of March 11th. You've been warned :-P

9:36 AM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger E said...

Those sound like very good plans.

1:01 PM, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home