Sunday, December 03, 2006

Update 12/3/06

1. I seem to be over my holiday blues. I just decided that I was tired of being depressed and sad about shit that I didn't feel like handling.

2. I have made a final decision to apply to graduate school to pursue an MBA. I would like to continue living in Atlanta while I am in school and luckily I will have plenty of choices in the school that I attend. But Georgia State is my first choice.

3. I had to curse out one of my close friends today. He doesn't have a car and never has any money. Therefore, whenever we go somewhere, I always have to pick him up and usually have to pay for everything. Last night, we had a birthday dinner to go to that started at 8pm. I told him at 4pm that I would pick him up at 7pm so that I could stop by Target and pick up a gift card. When I got there, the fool was still cutting his hair. We didn't leave his house until 7:45pm which put us at the restaurant at 8:25pm. Today, I invited him over for pizza and football. I told him that I would SCOOP him up at 12:30pm so that I could pick up the pizza and it still be hot and fresh. I called him when I was pulling into the complex and told him to come on outside. His reply was "I don't see your car". I screamed out "bring you slow ass on outside and you will." We had a little argument and I almost turned around and put his ass out, but I apologized for screaming at him and we went and watched the game. But after 10 years of him always being broke and being never appreciating what I do for him, I think it's time to reevaluate this friendship.

4. I have realized that I am just unable to save money. It just isn't gonna happen so I am giving up on that. I will just continue to live the way that I have been.

5. I am planning my annual trip to NYC for my birthday the first week in March. In 2005, there were 6 of us there. In 2006, there were 8 of us there. So far 8 people have said that there were gonna go. This year, I promise myself not to shop as much as I did last year.

6. My roommate and I are starting to actually get along again. We started talking to each other again last month. But I still can't wait until these 6 months are up and this lease is over. I think that I am gonna go back to living my myself even if I have to go broke doing so.

7. I went bowling Friday night and had a fucking good ass time. I'm gonna have to do it more often.

8. Speaking of friends, I realized that I don't have many that live in Atlanta. After a year and a half, you would think that I would have met more people. For some reason, the people that I meet want to be more than friends. I ain't got time for that. I think that I want some female friends. My two closest female friends live in Ohio and North Carolina.

9. I have gained 10 of the 20 pounds that I wanted to gain and am now at 180lbs. And guess what? My blood pressure is down to near normal. I guess ole doc knew what she was talking about. The only problem is that a couple pairs of my jeans are getting kinda snug. I may have to stay at 180lbs. Clothes are too damn expensive.

10.I met a dude a month ago that seems to have potential. I didn't tell a soul about him for the first 2 weeks. He's the first guy in a while that I have met where I did say, "I like him, but..." I just like this one. It's funny that he reminds me of myself in a lot of ways.


Question: If you met someone online (don't ya'll get brand new on my) and there was mutual attraction, when would or would you delete your profile?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well pa, I feel you on most of the issues on your “bitch list.” LOL
I have to say, I’ve been spinning my wheels as well and that, in and of itself, can make you feel a bit blue. I’ve lived in NYC virtually all my life, so I don’t really feel the excitement everyone feels about the city…go figure…never miss the water, I guess. Congrats on your decision to return to school – you can’t have enough money, friends or education, so do your thing. On the issue with your friend, I have (or should I say had) a friend of over 20 years that I recently cut-off…. Enough is enough… If they’re going to change, sometimes it takes the wake-up calling of a time-out to recognize it… so handle that…with a quickness… LOL. Also, your home is your castle…if you can’t chill and be at peace where you rest your head, something is wrong…man-up and live alone… we (of the old school crew) do it and can’t see the roommate thing ever again. Finally, youth is certainly beautiful… I mean, trying to gain weight papi… unheard of! At 155 lbs., I work out 5-6 days a week in the hopes of one day reaching my goal weight of 140…my friends say the body is bangin’, but you know that mirror in our heads is never content. Thanks for stopping by my spot…good to see we’re not alone in the struggle… stay up… Keep passin’ the open windows…

11:55 PM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger Dayne Avery said...

Congrats on going after that MBA. Im trying to decide if I still want to go to grad school.

And as far as deleting your profile don't do it until ya'll have something real and most of all until you know he's deleted his (all of them cuz you know how people have multiples).

12:57 PM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger Omar Ramon said...

ummm delete your profile when it's a relationship ro when the two of you have openly honestly calmly discussed it as adults who are feeling each other enough to let go of the security blanket.

no shade, broke friends suck. it sucks having them and being them....i would know.

1:58 PM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

1. Yay
2. Yay
3. You just now reevaluating this?
4. You are able, it's just really hard
5. Yay field trips!
6. I treasure living alone soooooooo much!
7. You must of have a good time...two curse words! LOL
8. A small number of real friends is good! Where in NC? U say Raliegh and Imma cut you! LOL
9. Gon' head witcha bad self!
10. YAY!

I would delete my personals profiles when it has been established that we are a monogamous item or when I felt my search was over and didn't need it to be up anymore...

2:23 PM, December 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well really.. is it a hookup/dating profile u are talkin about.. or a personal page?

meeting a man is no reason to obliterate your own personality or face to the world. its a sad fact.. but men are not around long enuough to make it worthwhile

11:07 PM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger E said...

Cool updates....re: #9, is the improved blood pressure due to your weight gain?

#7...We'll definitely have to go bowling next time we meet.

#3...I can kinda understand why you've helped your close friend as long as you have. It's just sad that he didn't seem all that appreciative of it.

3:22 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger admin said...

#3 - I don't like the idea of a broke friend whom you have to pick up, pay his way, and drop him off. There has to be some give-and-take. If you are picking him up and dropping him off, he needs to pay for the both of you more often.

#6 - roomates are good for helping you spend less on housing, but living alone is awesome.

8:15 PM, December 10, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@e-I don't know if the weight gain made my blood pressure drop or not, but something helped. My doctor did up my dosage of medication.

11:55 PM, December 10, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey love ...

you have really been letting a lot off your chest huh? but what i want to know is, you do not consider me as a friend? am i not good enough for you?

i am so hurt *starts sniffling and sobbing*!

12:15 PM, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home