Friday, February 02, 2007

Jury Duty

People are always fucking with me and I have to curse a bitch out at least once a week!

If you have ever seen the Queens of Comedy, you may remember Sommore saying "they was fucking with me" when she was in jail. She said that she was minding her own business and people kept fucking with her. Her reply was "leave me lone, Bitch leave me lone." I know how she feels. It seems that at least once a week, someone will do something to piss me off. I never invite confrontation, but I damn sure am not going to back down from it.

Let me tell you what happened. On Monday I had to attend jury duty selection at the Dekalb county courthouse. As anyone who has done this, knows that it's boring and people get irritated and agitated having to sit and wait to be called for selection. Well during the wait, the lady next to me, Jennifer and I started small talk while she was on her laptop. A little while later, we were all told that we had 15 minutes to go get something to eat or smoke or whatever. Jennifer went over to Chick-Fil-A to get something to eat. Apparently, while she was there she stepped on a packet of mayonnaise and it landed on a man's suit. Neither she, nor the man knew that the incident had occured.

When she got back and sat down to eat, this woman with a bad weave and bad teeth turned around to Jennifer and said "Now you know you got mayonnaise on that man's nice suit". Jennifer told her that she didn't know it, but if she had then she would have apologized and paid for his suit to be cleaned. To that, ghetto heffa said, "that man probably had something important to do and you messed up his good suit". Jennifer repeated her earlier statement and even apologized to the woman. To that the bitch said, "If it was me, I would have cursed yo black ass out". Jennifer was trying to remain calm and professional, but all around could see that she was visibly upset by this ghetto ass bitch in front of her.

And this is where I come in. I whispered to Jennifer to let it go and not worry about it because she had no idea that it happened and that no one was hurt in the incident. Ghetto bitch turned to me and said "And who the fuck are you"? I told her that I was trying to be the voice or reason to calm Jennifer down, because she was upset. Ghetto bitch then told me "if you want to be the voice of reason, meet me outside and we can take care of this right now". And that's when I went the fuck off. My imaginary clip-on earrings and snatch-off wig were on the floor! I told Ghetto bitch " you ain't got to meet me outside, cause after I finish whooping yo ass out there, the police are gonna drag me back in here and arrest me. And the next trial in this muthafucka will be mine for killin yo ass!"

Ghetto bitch then said some inaudible shit under her breath. I told her that if she was woman enough to "take it outside" then she should be woman enough to talk about me to my face. I told her that she had no reason to come back into the selection room starting shit because the situation had nothing to do with her. I also told her that if the man hadn't been white, she would not have brought up the subject at all. Then some white man turned around as if to say something. To him I said "stay out of black folks business". He turned his stunned ass back around and continued reading his newspaper. After I finshed my speech, neither one of them said anything to anyone again.

Now some may say after reading some of my post that I have a temper issue or that I am highly sensitive or even that I carry around a lot of anger. I don't think that I do. I just believe in saying what's on my mind so that people will know where I stand. If someone gives me bad service some place where I am spending money, I am going to say something. If someone says something that offends me, I am going to speak my mind. If someone disrespects someone close to me, I am going to say something if they don't. I am not a passive, let-it-go type of person. I never have been and I never will be.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Jury duty, how fun! LOL

8:17 AM, January 30, 2007  
Blogger admin said...

What a tease!

10:13 AM, January 30, 2007  
Blogger E said...

I need a little bit of your assertiveness...I tend to be a let-it-go then bitch to myself later type of person...it'd be so much easier to bitch to the offender...for example, had I confronted the mall security person last night, I might've found out for myself whether he was profiling me or cruising me.

1:22 AM, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You invited that confrontation.

1:08 PM, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tish, i think he meant that sometimes people need to get cussed out! it doesn't have to happen all the time or even sometimes. but every once in a while, some fool will start trippin' and they will get their ass verbally handed to them. nothing personal but there are times when people just don't know who they are messing with.

7:30 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger life said...

You are a tad bit angry, but the girl was doing way too much

10:08 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Dayne Avery said...

Lol too too funny

10:24 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good man... let me know when you need a tag-team partner... up here in NYC my friends and fam are beginning to think I need anger management classes cuz my temper fuse is less than a .cm long. I'm just fed up right now, so where you say it, you get it. I try to avoid shyt when I'm like this, but as luck would have it... ala my interpretation of Norbit...black men run fast, but trouble runs faster!

1:08 AM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Wow all that over some mayo that didn't get on ole girl? Hmph!

7:54 AM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

now u see why i dont live in dekalb county.... lol just joking

1:35 PM, February 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise to GOD you keep me in STITCHES!!!!

6:15 PM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home