Friday, May 08, 2009

No Longer Will I...

...be the doer in my relationships. Whether they be platonic, romantic, or familial. I just refuse to do it anymore. I ALWAYS the one doing all the work to keep shit going and I refuse to do it anymore. I fucking refuse. People in my life are going to have to do as much for me as I do for them or they can go to hell.

...be the conformist in my relationships. Whether they be platonic, romantic, or familial. I just refuse to do it anymore. I am not a conformist in the sense that I do what everyone else does. I am a conformist in that I attempt to change myself to suit other people or to keep the peace. NO MORE!! NOPE! ABSOLUTELY NOT!

...be the only problem-solver in my relationships. Whether they be platonic, romantic, or familial. I just refuse to do it anymore. When someone has an issue, I do what I can to help them, sometimes hurting myself to help them. I do this even when they aren't doing anything to help themselves. This here will stop. If you aren't going to do for yourself, then don't even think to ask me for help.

...be the driver in my relationships. Whether they be platonic, romantic, or familial. I just refuse to do it anymore. I've dated dudes who have never been to my house to see me. I have friends who have never been to my house to see me. I have family members who have never been to my house to see me. From now on, you will have to put forth some effort to get in your car and drive that ass to see Norris.

To keep it simple, i'm just realizing that I do too much for others and don't get much in return. It's not other peoples's doing. It's mine and I know that. But people have gotten used to me being there for them. The problem with that is that I feel that they aren't there for me.

There are some changes coming up for me and my focus is to make life comfortable for me and not others. And if that means being called a bitch or losing some relationships, so be it.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel...for as long as I can remember I've been the one but a year ago I refused...

12:34 PM, May 08, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

I get it...and I've been there.
Just don't let folks change you and make you into someone you're not...or someone who doesn't bring people the joy you bring. From what I remember, your spirit is such a warm inviting spirit it would be a shame to have others put out your light.

1:04 PM, May 08, 2009  
Blogger fuzzy said...

Thats right1 Step Up! Find that back bone! lmao... I should take some advice from you... maybe i wouldn't be writing miscellaneous poems on my blog and havin people email me "whats wrong?"

4:51 PM, May 08, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

i feel u young bruh!! i took this stance in 2008 after family and friends (so-called that is) took me through changes beyond measure. take it from me, u won't regret it.

5:54 PM, May 08, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

i feel u young bruh!! i took this stance in 2008 after family and friends (so-called that is) took me through changes beyond measure. take it from me, u won't regret it.

5:54 PM, May 08, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

i feel u young bruh!! i took this stance in 2008 after family and friends (so-called that is) took me through changes beyond measure. take it from me, u won't regret it.

5:55 PM, May 08, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

i feel u young bruh!! i took this stance in 2008 after family and friends (so-called that is) took me through changes beyond measure. take it from me, u won't regret it.

5:55 PM, May 08, 2009  
Blogger Lamar Perez said...

I am with you all the way man. I'm glad that you are being selfish and making you a priority, when others have made you an option!

Stay strong in your convictions as you will be challenged. Remember your words and you will be at peace.

1 luv

5:36 AM, May 09, 2009  
Blogger Chet said...

Can the Church say "Amen?" I know exactly where you are on this one, it is family that takes advantage of us, and treat us worst than a stranger would.

Not only will family use you, but friends and lovers find it even easier to take advantage of one's kindness. I have been there and I had to make a firm decison to take a stance, I decided only to help those that would help me. I have had it with take take take and never give, Sam is notorius for that, and that is the reason I have cut off all contact with him.

Norris you appear to be a kind hearted person, let no man put you asunder, let them MOFO's go!

3:51 PM, May 10, 2009  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Alright for taking a stand...love it!

7:01 AM, May 13, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are gonna have to drive that ass to see Norris......I love it!!

1:14 PM, May 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home