Wednesday, March 25, 2009

People Can Be So...

...damn rude and inconsiderate that it makes no sense.

I went to Starbucks again today to get my turkey croissant, banana bread, and peach green tea. I walked in and got in line as any normal person would. Some guy just walked from over by the newspaper stand and got in line in front of me. I figured that he was in line before me and just stepped to get a paper so I didn't say anything.

So i'm looking in the case and deciding what I wanted and he's ordering his thimble of coffee and looking at his paper. By this time, there are about 4 people behind me waiting to order. After he orders, what do you think he did? Go ahead and guess. I'll give you a second.

This bastard proceeds to put his newspaper down right on the register counter and start reading it. Mind you that there are 5 people waiting to get to said counter to order their food. Since he had already (somewhat) gotten under my skin, I took action. I picked up my juice out of the cold, wet cooler and sat it right on top of his newspaper. The lady at the register smiled and let out a little giggle, but I was dead serious. He looked at me as though he wanted to say something and I gave him a Tasha Mack look that said "SAY SOMETHING"!

He got his paper, got out of the line and moved over under the "wait here" sign like his rude ass should have.
I would have liked to just know what he thought gave him the privilege to read his damn paper right there in way of other people who were waiting in line. I know he saw us because he looked at us when he jumped line. I should have checked his ass about that.
What the hell is wrong with people that they think that no one else matters but them. I don't get it. I really don't. As means as I can be, I am 99% considerate of how my actions affect other people. Whether it be while driving, in the grocery store, at a restaurant, or wherever, I try to be considerate of others.
Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all thought about how our actions affected others and acted accordingly?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Curious said...

That would be like having manners, but like my 401k, that's disappearing away fast.

11:06 AM, March 25, 2009  
Blogger Ty said...

Some people are just determined to try you. Sometimes you just have to demurely remind them.

12:23 PM, March 25, 2009  
Blogger LongOverdo said...

you are too fricking funny...but ya people can get under your skin

3:17 PM, March 25, 2009  
Blogger Chet said...

Some people just have no consideration for others, it is truly sad, but it happens all the time. I was in the supper market just yesterday when this lady took it upon herself to get right in front of me with out invite or valid reason, I was standing there with my items in my hand and laptop bag on my shoulder, she on the other hand had a hand cart filled to capacity way more that 15 items, me four items and cash in hand for quick transaction, she stepped in front of me and gave me the business, I just frowned. I am so pleased that you placed that damp cold soda on his fresh Newspaper.

5:42 PM, March 25, 2009  
Blogger Kyon Saucier said...

I agree with you sentiments amour.

6:04 PM, March 25, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it really THAT serious??

7:23 AM, March 26, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! You are my hero!!! hahaha

10:21 AM, March 27, 2009  
Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

sounds nice but i don't think most ever care about anyone else as long as they get what they want.

3:48 PM, March 29, 2009  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say he was white.

10:34 AM, March 30, 2009  
Blogger Sozo's Blog.com said...

@ yet another black guy, now you know that boy was a whitie!

12:26 AM, April 03, 2009  
Blogger BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

LOL!! Tasha Mack, oh hell then he had it coming. Yeah for some reason I don't get that problem because I keep a mean mug on my face. Not to be fukks with attitude in the morning. But I am nice when I have to be.

2:13 AM, April 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home