Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I Know I'm Getting Older Because...

...I noticed that I was driving with 2 hands today. I have never done that before. It's always been one hand on the steering wheel and 1 on the gear shift or my chin.

I noticed that I have been squinting at shit even when I have my contact lenses in. I have no idea why I have been doing that since I can see perfectly when my "store bought eyes" are in.

I noticed that I couldn't care any less about what people think about me. A few weeks ago, my motto became "FUCK THEM HOES".

I noticed that some days I want to wear khakis and a polo shirt instead of jeans and a T-shirt or shorts and sneakers.

I noticed that i'm thinking about the long term when making the smallest of decisions. I guess it's time to start saving for retirement.

I'm saying more and more things that my mother and father used to say and understanding what they meant and why they made sense.

Yes, I am getting older. Well everyone is getting older, but what I am really doing is maturing into a better, more level-headed mindset. And that's a good thing.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger lc said...

a very good thing.

3:28 AM, April 08, 2009  
Blogger Sozo's Blog.com said...

A very good thing indeed, and at times a good feeling as well.

4:20 AM, April 08, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes it is...

10:05 AM, April 08, 2009  
Anonymous kennyking78 said...

Yeah, something would be wrong with you if you weren't beginning to do these things.

11:32 AM, April 08, 2009  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Yup - you're getting old...me too!

6:22 PM, April 08, 2009  
Blogger BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Getting old is inevitable. Just wait until you start snapping and cussing people out because you feel you have deserved the right to do so because you are a faithful taxpayer.

11:06 PM, April 09, 2009  
Blogger Prince Todd said...

A very good thing. Either get old or die young. I'm into the former myself.

3:56 PM, April 14, 2009  
Blogger Chet said...

Yes you may be getting older, but that of course is the natural progression of life and aging. The eyes are a sure indication of the aging process, shyte I find myself removing the glasses to read small print, but using eyeglasses to see larger things. I do well with contacts.
Driving with two hands means you want to be totally in control. Man you have certainly matured if the words of: your parents ring out! I can hear the Warden and Elosie reciting the lessons of life to me in my head everytime I do something that warrants attention and thought, man it is a blessing and a sign that you were paying attention.
Check this out youngin you are just getting better.

12:30 AM, April 19, 2009  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

Damn can you pass some of that maturation my way?!

3:19 PM, April 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home