Wednesday, July 04, 2007

3 Month Itch #2

Some people look at the glass as half full and others look at it as half empty. I see it as half full. And if I like what I am drinking, I try to fill it up. That's what I am trying to do with this situation with Hollywood. Leaving the situation would be like knocking the glass over and spilling the contents.

So I read each comment and thought them all out. Valentino and Ladynay seemed to have the best ideas. Ladynay said to follow my gut and Valentino said to convince him to see things my way. And that's what I did. On Saturday night, we had a very productive talk about the last 3 months, likes and dislikes, our dating level, and all other things. Without going into all of the specifics, we came to some compromises. The biggest compromise that we came to was to use effective communication. BOTH OF US. No more yelling and screaming. No more tuning each other out. No more walking out. More listening, understanding, and application.

As far as the honeymoon phase is concerned, I don't prescribe to it. Most times when people are in that phase, they are being what they think that the other person wants them to be. I never have and never will do that. What you got on day 1 is what you will get on day 1000. Luckily, both Hollywood and I have been real and consistent from the beginning. That's one of the things that I had been looking for in a dude.

So i'm gonna stick to my compromise promises and see where this situation goes.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

Now all you guys have to do is stick to those compromises...that's the hard part.

3:17 PM, July 04, 2007  
Blogger E said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys talked it out. It's definitely a one day at a time thing. Hearing you're not giving up the fight will inspire me not to give up in mine.

I'm now also a proponent of not having an honeymoon phase in light of my recent situation...:-)

4:05 PM, July 04, 2007  
Blogger Soldier said...

i hope things work out 4 u, u're really making lots of efforts to make it work. keep on thinkin positively even though its hard...
stability is not so hard to get!

6:51 PM, July 04, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Lj basically put my thought down. Now that the agreements have been made it's time to stick to them.

7:35 AM, July 05, 2007  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

this should be interesting...,

3:02 PM, July 05, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

glad to hear you working on it. my response of "bounce" was from the vibe of your post. it sounded more like, "this bitch is getting on my last nerves" than "how do we make this work?".

if you're happy then i'm happy for you. but if you need me to e-cuss his ass out lemme know! :D

12:59 AM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger D-Place said...

Sounds promising. Good Luck! Communication is very important. Even when it hurts.

3:13 AM, July 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home