Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Metrosexual? Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



These are some of the items that I use for personal grooming as of 29 years of age. I was brushing my teeth the other day and thought about the fact that my daily regime takes about 30 minutes, and that doesn't include a shower.


The product are:

Face: Sensitive Skin astringent, cleansing pads, shave cream, razor, Bump Patrol, Aveda facial soap, salicylic acid moisturizer.

Teeth: Listerine, electric tooth brushes (both spinning and sonic), floss, Listerine, Arm and Hammer toothpaste.

Body: Baby powder, deodorant, Armani City Glam cologne, Q-tips, contact Lens solution, contact lens case, multi-vitamins, headache medicine and blood pressure medicine.

Hair: Pink Oil Mousturzer, 2 hair brushes (my hair is really bad), do-rag, shampoo and conditioner.

When I was in college, I could be showered, shaved, groomed and dressed in 15 minutes. Now this process takes about an hour. What the hell has happened that I am so concerned with personal grooming. I'll tell you.

Acne-Every since my first week of college, I have dealt with this shit. It's horrible and hard to treat. I have tried everything from Differin gel, to ProActiv, to tetracyclene and nothing worked. For the last year, I have used the products mentioned above and it's really helped.

Teeth-Using the tetracyclene turned my teeth yellow as the brick road. The dermatologist never warned me about this side effect before prescribing it to me. If she had, I never would have taken it. My dentist says that I will have to continue to brush my teeth 3 times a day and use whitening products to get them back white.

Hair-I have always had bad hair. I have again tried every product known to man. I actually resorted to cutting it so low that it appeared that I was bald. Now, I just use a moisturizer, brush for at least 2 minutes, and wrap it with a do-rag. It's helping.

Body- I sweat with the slightest rise in temperature, when I eat hot or spicy food, or when I get nervous. I use baby powder at least twice a day. Deodorant is essential for everyday. And I must have my headache medicine.

I guess somewhere down the line I started to realize that it takes more than just a shower and a shave to get ready in the morning. I don't think this makes me a metrosexual. Does it?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nah...you're not a metrosexual...you're just learning what it takes to make it work... I have a few more products in my cabinet as well..some I even keep out of view.. LOL

11:14 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Isn't a metrosexual a "straight" man who does all the grooming and whatnot? If so, no, you're not a metrosexual.

11:17 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger iii said...

Ok for your acne, have you ever found out what triggers it? I know for me, I get acne a lot throughout my teens years to current and noticed if I stay away from all sodas and chocolates I have little to no ance at all. I think we all have diffrent kinds of products that tends to our everyday needs. So as far as u being Metrosexual .. naahhh.

6:24 AM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger life said...

I always buy stuff, but never use it. I'm still the guy that takes 20 mins (unless I have to shave)to get ready. 10-13 mins. shower, couple mins to brush teeth, and slip on an outfit in 2 mins. I keep my hair low, so who carries about brushing it. I don't like all the groom it feels like work.

10:06 AM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

I hate the term metrosexual. Its sooo overused. I have a bunch of products too. Don't feel too badly.

7:41 PM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger E said...

Definitely not a metrosexual. My ex-acquiantance Spades had 50 different products on the sink when we shared a hotel in Vegas.

A lot of the stuff you mentioned appear to be necessary. I need to start keeping my multi-vitamins in the bathroom myself so I can remember to take them.

7:43 PM, June 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

30 min not including shower??? We would so not get along! LOL

12:46 AM, June 14, 2007  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

ummm first Old Spice Deodorant... yuck.

As for the acne if it is caused by ingrown hairs you may want to try a couple treatments of laser hair removal... you dont have to have it totally removed but if you have a couple of treatments it will make the hair less corse.

For the teeth... Zoom works! And you get those teeth trays afterwards to maintain.

And hair... when I did have alot of hair that Pink Oil use to cause so much dandruff

but overall I think your counter looks about like mine just not as organized... LOL

9:32 AM, June 14, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

reddmann - Watch it...I use Red Spice soft solid. It's the shit..lol.

2:36 PM, June 14, 2007  
Blogger ponoono said...

what kind of acne?
(http://www.acne.org/types-of-acne.html)

are u in the pop it school or the no popping school of thought?

metrosexuality? umm.. how many time in the last 6 months have u had a pedicure? if u are willing to pay some little illegal girl from ecuador to cut your toenails regularly.. u are indeed a metrosexual.. gay or str8 !

7:04 PM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

DAMN that's a lot of stuff! man, i use regular old Dial bar soap, cocoa butter lotion, Murray's pomade and keep it movin'. i shave with Clinique for men and sometimes i use Noxema. other than that, a lil' bit of Vaseline on the face at night.

hey, but if it makes you feel and look better, i say do it up.

1:42 AM, July 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home