Saturday, May 05, 2007

Let's Talk About Love

Love. We all want it whether we want to admit it to anyone or not. But what is love? Has anyone ever really answered that question? Is it something that we can feel? Is it something that we can see? Is is something that we can do? Is is something that we can share?

Have you ever heard someone say "I feel like I love him/her"?

Have you ever heard someone say "I can see that you love him/her"?

Have you ever heard someone say "I'm ready to love someone"?

Have you ever heard someone say "Let me give you some love"?

Sometimes you feel strongly for a person, and think that it's love, but are you really sure. You know that this person makes you feel good. He/she makes you smile. You 2 get along perfectly. You actually feel something in your heart when you talk to the person. You drive all the way across town because you were asked to bring the person some ice cream. You have sex with the person and feel a strong connection. But still, is it love? When do you know that it's love? Can you know that it's love if you don't know what love is?

People say that love can hurt. Can love hurt you? Let's say that you love someone, but they don't love you back, yet? Or what if someone cheats on or lies to you. Do you blame love or do you blame the person?

Would you do something crazy or stupid for love. If you loved someone with all your heart and they asked you to rob a bank with them, would you do it? If someone asks you to let them drive your car and they have no license, do you let them drive your precious vehicle?

If you love someone, when do you tell the person? Do you say it when you feel it or do you wait until you know that it's real? Do you put a time limit on when you can say it. Such as, "I'm not gonna say that I love so-and-so until the 3rd month is complete". Do you say it over the phone, or does it have to be in person?

I guess that we don't have this love concept all thought about as much as we would like to think that we do. Do we? Love seems to be so much. It seems like a feeling, a thought, a tangible object. But truth be told, we have no idea what love is.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love is real. It’s not a light switch that can be turned on or off, but you KNOW when it’s there. Love is the sense that you have respect, care and admiration for someone. You feel warm inside with them and you have a comfort that comes over you to be with them. Love always wants the best for their intended party and strives to give that person their best. Love doesn’t want their intended to disrespect themselves or be seen in a bad light. Love uplifts the parties involved. Love recognizes that the better things in life are what we’d all like, but relinquishes those things (if necessary) if it means happiness with its counterpart. Love allows you to separate the feelings you may get of enduring difficult times with your partner from your deep-seated belief that they are with you for life. Love also knows when it must let go to allow the ONE to find them and appreciate it for what it offers. True love can never be mistaken for lust, infatuation or codependency since it will never leave you empty. Love…I’m so ready for you.

5:39 PM, May 05, 2007  
Blogger life said...

aamm..is someone catching feelings?

10:04 PM, May 06, 2007  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

i think 'love' is used too quickly and too easily. And it isn't till you are well out of love with someone that you realize it was just that you were really liking them at that point in time.

10:48 AM, May 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!

11:14 AM, May 07, 2007  
Blogger C ain't Crazy he just Creative said...

love is....elusive as hell.

to be created rather than discovered.

is personal.

is universal.

like water.

but life is like a desert.

sometimes. sometimes

1:24 AM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

I remember my man said something quite similar to what you are saying. His arguement was the same as yours. He wanted to know how do you know what love is because you can't feel it or taste it or whatever.

I told him that I knew what love was because I could see it each and every time I looked into his eyes. I felt it every time he touched me and made love to me. I could taste it every time he kissed me. And I smelled it every time I inhaled his sweet smell.

For me that's how I knew love was real.

9:05 PM, May 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home