Friday, April 27, 2007

On My Mind

1. Have you ever noticed that when some people are miserable in their lives, they do things to make others miserable with them? The may do things unconsciously and not know that they are doing them. I thought about this because of the way that my dad use to treat me. He hated his life and did shit to make my miserable. He wouldn't let me play sports, play with friends, or do anything that would have put a smile on my face.

2. The other day a while I was driving, I stopped at a traffic light. As I always do, I looked around me. When I looked to my left, I saw a young white woman lock her doors. As many times as this has happened to me, it shouldn't bother me anymore. But each time it happens, I get pissed off. But in this instance, I just locked mine and put a terrified look on my face. Sometimes I really hate being stereotyped. Shit like this makes me feel as though I should have robbed and attacked her stupid ass.

3. Why is dating so hard? Hollywood and I have had 3 serious arguments already. The first one occured because he believed that something that someone else told him. He found out that a guy he used to date is a friend of mine. So he said that I may have dated someone that he know. He asked me if I knew a person named "D" and I told him that I did not know that person. Well the next day, he asked "D" if he and I had ever fucked around. In true sissy fashion, "D" refused to answer the question and just laughed. Hollywood asked him again and he repeated the action. So Hollywood calls me at 3 in the morning upset and yelling at me asking me again if I knew "D". I told him that I didn't know any fucking body named "D". So he described the dudes car, where he went to school, and where he lives. A light bulb came on at that moment and I told Hollywood that his name is "T" and not "D" and that the bastard and I never had sex or dated or anything like that. "T" or "D" or whatever he wants to be called these days has a history of lying. He lied and told me ex-boyfriend current boyfriend that me and the ex were still having sex. If I see "T", I have no idea what I may do to him.

4. Why the hell did Progressive charge me $2200 a year for car insurance, but 21st Century only charges me $1140? I still live in the same place, have the same car, and have the same credit history. I don't get it, but you can best believe that I switched to 21st Century.

5. Have you ever had the urge to just slap the shit out of someone? Hollywood and I were at a restaurant last week and one of the servers started flirting with him. The devil in my said to get up and slap this lust out of the dude. But the angel said to just watch and see how Hollywood would react. I saw him giving the dude a look and I checked his ass on it. He said that the dude always flirts with him when he goes there. Well, even though we aren't a couple yet and are still in "current interest" state, that shit can't happen. It's just disrespectful.

6. I had a wonderful weekend hanging out with Beatmug and his boyfriend, and Hollywood. We went out to eat, drink, a birthday party, mini-race car driving, Piedmont park, and to a club. It was cool hanging with Beatmug since I hadn't seen him in 3 months.

7. I am moving to a new apartment next month. At issue is whether to hire movers or to rent a truck and do it myself. Hiring movers will cost about $500 if I include a tip. Renting a truck and doing it myself will cost about $90 and I can do it on my own time. I'm still not sure what I want to do. But I have been advised to just hire a truck and hire some Mexican day-laborers to move it for me. I don't think that I will do that. It just doesn't seem right.

8. I have gained 13 pound over the last 2 months and I can clearly see it. On my birthday, I weighed in at 180lbs and now I weigh 193lbs. I attest this quick weight gain to dating. Hollywood and I have been out to eat and drink at least 3 times a week. Looks like it's time to go back on a diet.

9. My boss still hasn't said anything about a raise and has not answered the 2 emails that I have sent to him. I think that it's time to start looking for another job. I have worked my ass off for the last year to learn to do all of these projects and think that I am due for a pay increase. If I don't get it by May 21st, I will started spreading my resume around.

10. My family is planning a trip to Orlando in June. They are planning to rent a timeshare home with 6 bedrooms. Each of my brothers is bringing his wife or girlfriend and their children. Am I going? Hell no. I will not be left to be a babysitter while they go out and harty-hearty. Hell to the no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In addition to that, I don't want to be the only single person their.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger terpFAN said...

@ #1, one of my friends told me yesterday that "hurt people [like to] hurt people" ... at first i just though he was talking out the neck but then when i thought about it his point made sense ... that's good insight

@ #7, i dont like the idea of hiring daylaborers either ... u dont want just anyone handling your furniture ... try to get family/friends ... someone is bound to show up for free beer and pizza

5:49 PM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger E said...

Just some quickie random comments on a few of your "On My Minds".

RE #4: Damn on the car insurance. I guess I've been sheltered a bit since I live in the burbs. I'm almost scared of getting another car because I don't know how much I'll get charged. Then if I move...which I'm thinking about doing in the next year or so, I may wind up paying a higher rate. It's good you found a much cheaper option, though.

RE #3: Join the club! Rock and I had a few stormy arguments our first couple months. We have minor tiffs now and then but fortunately not as bad as initially. At least you and Hollywood are working through them. That's all you can do.

RE #8: Weight is a constant battle. It's amazing how quickly the pounds go up and down.

RE #10: I don't blame you one bit.

8:07 PM, April 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a lot going on man, As for Hollywood..."When people show you who they really are, belive them, the first time!" As for family, you only get one, I'd just make it clear you are comming to spend time, have fun, not baby sit!

12:09 AM, April 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should bring Hollywood with you to the family thing - I've been doing that for more than 20 years, and my family has just now started to figure out that these guys are more than "friends." (Only the funny thing is, the one I've been taking lately is strictly a friend, and not even gay. HA!)

But honestly, man, when it comes to moving, in my experience it's worth it to spend the dough and hire the movers. There is simply no better expenditure of funds that having someone else do the grunt work.

12:19 AM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger ThisMightBeMe said...

I totally agree. It's always good to vent brotha, let it out! LOL.

2:37 PM, April 29, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

Re: #1 - I always try to avoid the unhappy and unlucky...at all costs. Its infectious. When they feel badly, I feel badly. I dated this guy who just had dumb luck. I mean, if it weren't for bad luck, he wouldn't have any at all. Even after we stiopped dating, I tried to be there for him and even felt obligated to be there. Then I realized that while I may think I'm saving him from drowning in the sorrow that was his life, I was actually doing harm to myself.

Also, sometimes the unfortunate cause their own drama with their own issues. You may or may not be able to avoid close friends and family, but I try to associate with the happy and fortunate as much as I can.

When it comes down to it, you are who you hang out/chill with.

Re: #3 - This reminds me of my current situation..sort of. Long story short. Met this guy, was willing to give it a shot, he began to (jokingly) accuse me of chillen with other people while we're getting to know each other, I let him know that I wasn't and if I were I would tell him, he continued to joke about me having other friends and I lost interest.

Why can't people just take your word for what it's worth. I've always been a person to trust people until they give me a reason to. Clearly my guy doesn't subscribe to the same belief. Maybe Mr. Hollywood doesn't either.

Re: #4 - Good for you. I had State Farm for years and didnt realize how they were overcharging me. I moved to Washington from Baltimore for college and my rates went up. I wasn't having that. Switched to Progressive...they charged more than State Farm did after a minor accident. I talked about Progressive's high ass rates with some co-workers. They experienced the same situations. High ass rates.

I'm with Nationwide now, they're cheaper than State Farm and Progressive. I might have to check out 21st Century. I can't wait til my 25th birthday.

8:51 AM, May 02, 2007  
Blogger life said...

I feel you on 1, 5, and the one about the job

11:52 PM, May 03, 2007  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

ummm are u still in high school?

@3... first calling at 3am, is grounds for dismissal. second all that he said she said shit seems like something from 3rd period US History

@5... if someone flirts with your date take it as a compliment and keep it moving. you can't control someone else's actions or words.

10:58 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@Reddmann-You full of it, you know that.

I'm glad that he called me at 3am. I like to get shit out of the way when it happens.

If someone flirted with your date, you know it would put you in a negative mood.

2:06 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger That Girl said...

1. Yes, I have experienced this first hand....in fact, right now I may be the one making everybody else miserable.

2. Good for you...old racist heiffer.

3. Seriously, we really need a support group.

4. Go with the cheaper.

5. my best friend yesterday was borderline

7. Congrats....I still wanna visit.

3:35 PM, May 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home