Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Dating Situation

It's been 2 months that Hollywood and I have been seeing each other. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed MOST of the times that we have spent together. I say most because we have had some issues. But what dating situation doesn't. The good thing is that we have worked through each of those issues (arguments) within hours of them occurring. I take that as a good sign.



The one thing that I notice about him is that he cares about me. I can see it more than I can feel it. For me to feel cared for by a man, takes time. But the fact that I can see it tells me that good things are in store. And on the same note, I care for him also. I can't say for sure if love is in the picture yet, but I can feel that it's somewhere in the vicinity.



The one thing that I have made an effort to do in this situation is to watch what I say. Anyone who knows me knows that I say what's on my mind. Most of those times, I don't think about what I say or how I say it will affect another person. But now, I think about things before I say them. I can't say that I do that all of the time, but at least I try.



The one thing that I can see is an issue for us is that we both have assertive personalities. We are also independent souls. For example, on Saturday we decided to go to the mall *I finally decided that I was worth a pair of $120 Buffalo Jeans*. When we pulled into the parking lot, he pointed out a parking space that was wayyyyy in the back of the lot. My reply was "I've got this". He took this as a slight against his ego for some reason. I didn't think anything of it, but he thought that it was an issue. He feels the need to always suggest things to me. If I don't follow his suggestion, he gets upset. Anyone who knows me well can tell you that I don't like to be told what to do or how to do it. I feel that I am independent enough to do things without input from others. And there lies the problem with us. He likes to tell people what to do and I don't like to be told what to do.

How have we solved this problem? We agreed that he would let me do things that I can do by myself (such as drive) and I would be accepting of his ideas (such as how dark to get the tint on my windows). I have also explained to him that things take time and we can't expect change the next day after something is discussed.

This is one of the most signifcant reasons that I like Hollywood. Even though we have our problems and argue, but we at least talk about things after each incident. This is one of the traits that I have been looking for in a man. And I can say that I am quite content at that moment.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Jones said...

Good for you. I always like when relationships work out. Not everything will be perfect and boys will always be boys, but I'm sure you're well aware of that. Just enjoy the good times.

10:52 AM, June 05, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think the resounding feeling is that you both like each other and want to make the relationship work. That's more than a start - it's what relationships are all about.

1:14 PM, June 05, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Content is good.

4:52 PM, June 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever figuer out what was going on with the late night text? What did you do about that?

7:51 PM, June 05, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@kennonpurdy-We eventually talked about it. He gave me some jive story that one of his co-workers was joking with him. I told him to let his co-workers know that he is seeing someone and that it was inappropriate.

11:21 PM, June 05, 2007  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

like Jay said... It Aint For Everybody


sorry I couldnt resist.

11:56 AM, June 06, 2007  
Blogger E said...

Nice to see things working out with you guys. Talking it out is definitely key...my guy and I do that a lot too...talking things out, that is.

12:03 AM, June 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home