Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Worry

I worry that since I am gay, I can be attacked for that very reason. People don't know anything other than the fact that I am gay and want to assault me.

I worry that since I am gay, I will be denied some career opportunity. Once the fact is verified, I can be fired, or not even offered a position just because someone doesn't like my "lifestyle".

I worry that since I am gay, I will be denied the right to adopt children. People think that I can't be a good parent and raise well adjusted children.

I worry that since I am gay, people will think that I am a sex-staved, party-hearty, drug-abusing, sissy who preys on "straight" married men. I am none of the aforementioned.

I worry that since I am gay, I will always be disliked or even hated. People can love and like you until they find out that you are gay. Once that little tidbit is leaked or spilled, their whole image of you changes. You become everything that they hate.

I worry that since I am gay, I will not have a close relationship with my family. I don't want them to look at me "the gay person" in the family. But to look at me as me.

I worry that since I am gay, I will be subjected to ridicule and harassment. Straight people feel that gay people are less than them and that gives them the right to ridicule gays people.

Since I am gay, I do have a lot to worry about. More than just the few items that I have mentioned above. But I refuse to live my life in fear of what other people may do or say or think of me. I have made it a goal to be as happy as I possibly can despite the negative influences that surround me.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger E said...

I have the same worries. I guess a lot of gay men do.

3:38 PM, May 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home