Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I Am Changing

How often have you heard someone say that they want someone to accept them as they are in a relationship? Quite often I can imagine. But have you ever thought that notion to be impossible? Can you really expect someone to accept you and put up with you as you are and with the personality that you have?

I use to think that I wouldn't change anything about me for anyone, but now I know that isn't fair or is it possible. I know that I am a hard person to get along with because I am so rigid and exact. I can be controlling and bossy. I can be bitchy and irritable. Is it fair for me to expect someone to fit into my mold of what I want if I am not willing to do the same for him?

I now know that in order for me to have a successful relationship, I will have to adjust myself to the fit with the person that I want to have a life with. I can't be in a relationship and always have things my way. I am sure that there are traits about me that I can't change, but if changing some of those traits can help me to have a successful relationship, then I am willing to do that.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

yessss !
now that's really somethin a lot of people should read !
Acceptin to make changes, its a humbling experience in a way, it has to be done...

1:27 AM, June 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love the opportunity to date you. I would accept you just the way you are. To me you're perfect.

1:58 AM, June 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed! Anyone worth having will not except BS...They don't have to!

4:49 AM, June 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, it's called compromise.

11:11 AM, June 28, 2007  
Blogger life said...

About freakin' time you post something! I had this conversion with someone like a month ago. I was like you want someone to accept you as you are. I would never want that. If someone lets me stay in the same state I'm in, why are they there?

11:11 AM, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I believe in compromising on certain situations, but changing who I am...hmmm.... not likely. I'd hate to end up empty handed and disappointed that I wasn't who I started out to be.

3:46 PM, June 28, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

i guess this falls under the "meet someone who makes you a better person" category. i'm all for it!

11:22 PM, June 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norris, you have come a long ways. Always interesting to watch how things develop with you. I appreciate this about your blog very much.

11:25 PM, June 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a stark reality, isn't it?

9:39 AM, June 30, 2007  
Blogger iii said...

Relationship are 50/50. You have to deals with each others ups and downs.
I glad that you saw fit to make changes within yourself. This relationship must mean the world to you. Must success in it.

Great blog!

11:01 AM, June 30, 2007  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Great for you ! Made me think...

11:27 AM, June 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home