Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Woes of Travel

I had a disastrous travel day yesterday which has put me a day behind at my hotel opening in Jamestown, NY. It all started when Screwnited (United) Airlines left Atlanta 45 minutes behind schedule at 6:45am. This caused me to miss my connecting flight to Buffalo in Dulles which left at 8:15am. I did not arrive at Dulles until 8:00am. I had no choice but to sit and wait for 4 hours for the next flight. I called the hotel and told them that we would have to delay testing about 3 hours until 4pm. So I say my upset ass down and tried to take a nap. That was impossible because of the noise and those uncomfortable ass seats.

The next flight was scheduled to leave Dulles at 12:30pm. If you have ever been to Dulles, then you know how the PA system works. Everyone can talk on it at the same time. There were about 6 flights boarding at the same time and all of the agents were jockeying to speak. Well, our Buffalo agent made an announcement that we were not ready to board at the scheduled time of 12:10pm. The next thing that I know, she is calling my name and the name of 2 more passengers for last boarding call at 12:20pm. We run up to the gate and hand her our boarding passes and she denies us boarding because we are late. This, even though we were standing in front of her before she finished the announcement. I found myself snapping at this woman and about to pull a Madea on her ass. But then I thought about the consequences of doing that. I did not want to go to jail in DC for assault.

I asked to speak with a supervisor. This little Asian lady comes up and I asked her about the boarding anD annoucement process and why there was only 1 announcement for last call. I noticed that the other agents made multiple "last call" announcements . She says that the agent started boarding at 12:10. I argued with her that thats when she made the "not ready" announcement. It then clicked in my mind that she really didn't care and it would be futile to argue with the hag. But I made a promise not to fly on Screwnited airlines again. Needless to say, I had to sit in the airport for another 4 hours. I did not arrive to the property until 8:30pm.

This means that I will have to do all of the work that I was supposed to do on Saturday on Sunday, plus get all of Sunday's work done. It's gonna be a long day.

But one thing that I did note was that I am not upset as I would have been years ago. No one got cursed out or their feelings hurt. I guess I AM maturing or getting old and mello. Whichever it is, it feels good not to be upset about something like this.

But here is a list of what the airlines name should be. See if you can make them out.

Screwnited Airlines
Hellta Airlines
SouthWorst Airlines
ScareTran or AirTrash
NorthWorst Airlines
UnAmerican Airlines
US Assways
Jet Screw Airlines
FuckUnental Airlines
MidWorst
America Worst

4 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Awww man! That's how it is sometimes...

At least you are looking at the positive side of things and no one has to come bail you out!

11:08 AM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger E said...

Damn...sorry to hear about that. I like how you call it Screwnited...:-)

But I think they're all bad...

Coming back from Charlotte on American, I wanted an earlier flight and was put on standy-by. I went up to the gate counter and the attendant was being a total dick, telling me that she wasn't ready to answer my questions. It just so happened that behind her on the mini-screen, a stand-by list popped up...I walked up to see it and she immediately started bitching me out again...I told her I was just looking at the list (which I saw my name was #1 on the list, so all was good) and she misunderstood me and said I can't look at the stand-by list yet. Little did she know I already knew..so all was good. I kept my cool, though. Then ten minutes later, she called my name first. She changed her tone right away when she saw I was the one coming up. Crazy!

4:13 PM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Wow, that's a mess.

8:24 PM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

That's why I hate flying.

10:33 AM, July 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home