Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I Feel Good All Over

For the first time in my life, I can honestly say that I am happy with how it's going. I swear that I cannot remember ever feeling like this. For the last couple of hours, I have really been thinking about the fact that although everything isn't going exactly how I want it, i'm happy about life.

I thought about how years ago, I was severely depressed to the point that I wanted to end my life (and almost did). I thought about how I thought that I would never accomplish anything. I thought about how back then, I really didn't appreciate the people in my life because I thought that they didn't appreciate me. I thought about how I was drinking at least a bottle of wine and a glass of cognac EVERYDAY. I thought about how I felt that I would never have enough money to live on. I thought about all the bad shit that WAS going on.

But then I remember that back at the end of 2004, I told myself that I was just gonna be happy. I read a quote from Abraham Lincoln that said that "people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." That's so true. Since that day, I have been actively changing myself so that I could be happy with me. I started a philosophy of "if it makes me happy." The philosophy involved just that. If something made me happy, I did it. If something didn't make me happy, I got rid of it. If I wanted something, I bought it. If I wanted to move somewhere I did.

I think what really changed me was that I realized that I am the only person that can make me happy. Now that I have embraced that concept, I will always be happy with me.

11 Comments:

Blogger That Girl said...

good for u

7:50 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Ty said...

Are you still hungover from the car purchase? LOL

I think that what you said about loving yourself is so important. I am glad that you feel good all over. I wish you many more years like that.

8:39 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Amen! Only you can make you happy!

9:42 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger K Kaos said...

I'm Happy ur Happy!

9:54 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Soldier said...

Let's all be happy ! i'll make my next post a happy post just cause i can !

Seriously though, even during the most difficult times, you gotta let yourself smile, even laugh, if something makes you feel like it... joy shouldn't be held back.

i'm glad you're happy, stay that way

10:04 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

If only more people would take on this same attitude the world would be a better place.

BTW I didn't really read the previous post but I see you brought a new car so congrats on that!

3:23 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger gee said...

I feel you 10000%...was just about to make a post about the same thing. alot of people are feeling really positive these days...or maybe it's just that I notice it more ... hmm... .

11:10 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Blush said...

things totally come full circle. life is pretty cool sometimes, aint it?

you rule

2:26 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

It's amazing I just finished writitng about the same thing. I decided that i will be happy and fuck anybody who has anything different to say.

6:43 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger E said...

I'll repeat what Ty said..."You sure you're not still hungover from the car purchase...*LOL*"

I think I may have a VP situation brewing anew. Check out my latest entry...*LOL*.

11:05 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

well alright for being happy!

9:22 PM, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home