Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I Should Not Have, But...


The last thing that I really needed was another car and an increased carnote. But I have always said that when my present car gives me 3 problems, it has to go. My 2001 Nissan Maxima had given my an emissions issue at 42,ooo miles, a dead alternator ($697.00) at 62,000 miles (right after the warranty expired) and Friday it gave me another emissions issue. Plus my right front window and driver's seat controls stopped working.

Friday night and Saturday were spent trolling the internet looking at cars of all types. I even looked at a few SUVs. But, the fact that I have had 4 Nissans (3 of those being Maximas), I decided to take a test drive on Sunday. After the test drive and after negotiating for 3.5 hours, I bought it! This is the best car that I have ever owned. First it's beautiful. It's fast as hell (0-60 in 5.9 secs) and I know so because it's already been to 120 mph. It's comfortable. I gave up leather and a sunroof to hold down the price, but I still love it. It does have the SkyView which looks like a mohawk. It lets the sun in without the heat and air. It's dare I say it, nice.

The only issue is the car note. Lord have mercy on my checking account. I won't mention it because I will get a few "have you lost you mind" questions. But I can afford it and all that matters is that I am happy and don't have buyers remorse. Now, since my car note did increase, i'm gonna seriously cut back on my expenses so that I can continue to save money. But otherwise, I am seriously happy!

9 Comments:

Blogger Cash S. said...

That's hot! It's better to have gotten the new one rather than keep investing money into the old one to get it repaired. Repairs are not cheap. It's certainly not worth it if the repairs are costing more than the car is worth.

Enjoy your new ride!

11:18 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

As long as you can afford it, ride on brothaman!

11:39 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

Niiiice. I know how u feel, I will be driving my Altima until it starts costing me too much money.

1:30 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Z said...

That's tight! Actually my first car was a '99 Nissan Maxima. Man did I LOVE that car. Just be crusin down the road. Sadly, my baby was totaled in a hit and run. I, too have thought about getting a new Maxima, but since you have one, it's not the same. (don't you hate that) - Maybe when I get a lil richer I'll go for the Infiniti M.

2:58 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

what is more special is that you just mad a move to cut back on expenses and then you can buy a car.

you will be fine ... congrats

3:42 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Ty said...

If you can afford it and know what you need to do to afford it and actually stick to it, I say treat yourself. Congrats!!!

2:04 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger gee said...

My last car was an 01 maxima and I had the same problems!!! Down to the drivers side window!!!!! But I love nissan's...i've had 4! Well 5 if you count the infiniti I have now.

nice car!

11:13 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger antneya said...

Congrats Norris!!!

3:22 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Atasha said...

Sweeeet....that's a sexy car if you don't mind me saying so. I'm with you, if you can afford it, then make yourself happy and get it. Enjoy rolling in that thing!

3:42 AM, June 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home