Sunday, June 04, 2006

Pet Peeves

Everybody has their pet peeves. Everybody! My biggest and most hated pet peeve is when people don't do what they say that they are gonna do. The reason that I hate this so much is that I always do what I say that I am gonna do. If I say that I am gonna dance naked at the mall tomorrow, you can get your camera ready because it's gonna happen.

The story: I'm in the Western Chicago Suburbs this week installing some computers and doing support. On Wednesday, I called this dude that I use to talk to (notice that I didn't say BOYFRIEND) just to let him know that I was in town. On Thursday he called and asked me if I would go to lunch on Friday since he worked in the area and I had to do support from 3p-11p. I told him that was cool and he said that he would call me around 10am on Friday. Well you can guess that by noon, he had not called. Around 6 am, I sent a text message asking him what happened to lunch. No reply. You know that I was pissed by then.

Around 11pm, I called him. The conversation went like this:

Me: Why didn't you call me like you said you would?

Him: I was busy all day:

Me: You mean that you didn't have time ALL DAY to just call and say that you couldn't make it to lunch?

Him: Yeah, I was busy at work.

Me: What time did you get off work?

Him: 4:30pm

Me: And what did you do after?

Him: I had to go to physical therapy to work on my knee.

Me: And what time did you leave there?

Him: About 6pm. Why are you upset?

Me: Because you are full of shit! So you didn't take a lunch break, a bathroom break, a coffee break, or anything to call me and say "I can't make it." I think that "I was busy" is the most bullshit excuse that a man can use." It only takes a minute to pick up a phone to call someone. You could have at least sent a text message!

Him: I don't do text messaging!

Me: You did when we were dating and you wanted to fuck!

Me: You know what, fuck you! I don't even know why I am talking to you right now!

CLICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He called me back 10 minutes later telling me that he really wanted to see me and was wondering if I would drive into the city the next morning. I told him "yes" even though I had no intentions of going.

When he called me the next morning the conversation went like this:

Him: Hey what time are you coming?

Me: I'm not coming?

Him: But you said you would.

Me: Just like you said we were going to lunch Friday.

Him: So you aren't coming?

Me: Nope! Now you know how it feels to be lied to.

Him: CLICK!

Why the hell can't people just do what the hell they say they are gonna do? It makes me wonder if when the make a committment, do they know that they are not gonna keep it?

This is yet another reason why I don't want to date anymore!


Song on Repeat: Do Right Woman, Do Right Man by Aretha Franklin from Aretha's Best Album

Next Post: "I Love Dick. What Does That Make Me?"

6 Comments:

Blogger E said...

"My biggest and most hated pet peeve is when people don't do what they say that they are gonna do. The reason that I hate this so much is that I always do what I say that I am gonna do."

That is so my pet peeve too. I already told you about my date fiasco. I can't understand why some men can't keep their word.

It was cool hanging out with you briefly while you were here. I definitely want to hang out again.

12:19 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I think that pet peeve is universal cuz I can't stand that either! Ugh!

6:35 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

That was late, he was bogus for that.

9:35 AM, June 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd, that is definitely on my top 3 pet peeves. So pisses me off. Good for you in getting him back.

9:39 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger N4R said...

now don't you think that was a bit childish..LOL i can be spiteful like that was well.

my pet peeve is when people pinch my nipples. does that count?

3:46 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

I love dick too! What a coincidence!


:-)

4:49 AM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home