Sunday, May 07, 2006

Madea Said It

I read Tyler Perry's new book "Madea's Uninhibited Commentaries on Love and Life" earlier this week. And of all the words in the book, none stood out like this one particular line.

Madea said "All these women wondering why they do out on a date and the man ain't calling in three days, he's not calling when he says he's going to call---baby, it's really simple. The man ain' t interested. If he wanted you, he'd call."

I have mentally been going through it with someone that I thought that I was through with. Can anyone (Mashaun, you already know) guess who it is? Yeah, it's VP. I thought that I was through with him, but I'm not. I don't want to go into detail of last week when I spent the night with him. But I will tell you that I ended up cursing him out and telling him that it really doesn't seem like he gives a shit about me. He swears that he cares about me, but that is something I no longer believe. We both wanted to have sex, but I told him hell no and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and took my ass home. I haven't talked to him in a week. I haven't called. But I did send a text message that said "I guess I will leave you alone since you aren't finished being a player. But when you are, you know where to find me." I then proceeded to delete his phone number from his phone. Now deleting it from memory is gonna take some time.


I know that people are thinking that i'm dumb as hell for still dealing with this man. But I fucked up and fell in love with his ass around month three. He had me really thinking that I was what he wanted. I thought that I had actually found my 1 in a million. I guess not. But I now understand that the man ain't interested in me. That's a hard thing to accept, but it's the truth and I have to accept it.


At this point I'm tired. I'm tired of dealing with dating and relationships. Sick and damn tired of it. I'm tired of lies, broken promises, betrayal, and bullshit in general. I'm taking a much needed break from dating. I don't know how long it may be. A month, a year, or 5 years. But it's needed. I'm feeling like I have been holding my breath and waiting for a man to come along so that I can exhale. Well, I have passed the point of passing out and I need to breathe. And that's what I am gonna do.

Song on Repeat Today: "The Love I Never Had" Mary J. from the Mary Album

6 Comments:

Blogger K Kaos said...

U need a break from dating and I need a date, lol. But yea that advice is simple, but its the hardest to swallow. Nobody wants to feel rejected so we become dellusional and make up other reasons or excuses as to why a person isnt reaching out more, when really all boils down to the fact they are just not that in to U.

11:35 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

I understand how you feel man...a lot of us have been down that road. Just as you I stopped dating and I became celibate and it helped me out a lot. So I would say to you do the same thing man. Sex starts to cloud our judgement so hold back on it for a while. In essence date yourself. Relize you aren't anyones second best. If you can't be number one then you will not be with them. Don't take their half ass promises or anything else. It's all going to work out...there is one out there for you just wait for him.

11:57 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger D-Place said...

Ok I gotta add my advice on this situation too. We all have been through this. And Madea stole that line from a book. The book was called "He's just not that into you." That sometimes is the case. He may like you but just not enough for him for who knows what reason. One thing is for sure you may never know.

So my adice is this. Enjoy the moment. When you are dating someone enjoy it while you can. The dates don't always work out in the long run. But you will at least have some good times to remember. That's what life is all about, enjoying it. If it doesn't work out you have lost nothing because you had a good time. And believe it or not, you found that date ...you will definetely find another.

Oh yeah, let me know if you like Jackie's Back. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

1:55 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

.....I wish I knew what to comment....

6:48 AM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am on a relationship break. Being tired of the same things as you. Its the best thing I have ever done for ME~

Take care

4:40 PM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

I'm speechless.

And a day late and a dollar short.

Take a break man. Step back and focus on you. The right one (or at least the right one for right now) will pop up when you least expect it. I know it's a cliche, but it's a good one.

1:16 PM, May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home