Monday, April 10, 2006

Cater 2 U

Cater 2 U

Destiny's Child 2004



When I first heard this song last year, all I could think was, "I ain't about to cater to no man!" But after my experiences of the last 12 months, I realize that that truly is what I want to do. I want to be the one that my dude can depend on to get things done for him. I want him to know that I am gonna take care of him. So I have decided that the next man that makes me feel like this:

Baby I see you working hard
Wanna let you know I'm proud
Let ya know that I admire what you do
Don't know if I need to reassure you
My life would be purposeless without you

If I want it (got it) when I ask you (you provide it)
You inspire me to be better
You challenge me for the better
Sit back and let me pour out my love letter

is gonna be catered to to the fullest.

6 Comments:

Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

Nope not at all. You should never Cater to anyone the way they are talking about in that song. It's basically one sided love. It's not healthy no matter how good someone is to you. You shouldn't be their servant because they will eventually walk all over you.

9:54 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I like the song...I wouldn't mind catering to a man that I love...as long as I am not brainwashed.

10:28 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Hmmm - that scares me. Honestly! The ideology of feminine masculinity. That'd make a GREAT blog topic. I'm sure I can't be the ONLY one that feels that way.

9:03 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I don't mean that I want to become a woman for some man. I just want to make sure that the man that treats me well, is treated well by me.

But Jamal, you are right. That would make a great blog topic.

10:31 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger E said...

I forgotten how bouncy Beyonce's boobs were in that video. I'm gonna have to steal that video link since the one I had in my Cater 2 U post has died...:-)

The serving should definitely be a mutual thing.

10:54 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Charles X said...

your dessert and so much more!

12:22 PM, April 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home