Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Other Side

Since I am still trying to get that damn man out of my mind and heart, I don't think that I am gonna be dating anyone anytime soon.

But I do know that I will be dating sometime in the future. But what's been on my mind is that I think that when I do start again, I will probably open myself up to dating someone who is not of my own race. In my 28 years of life, this has never happened because I didn't want it to. I only wanted to date, have relationships with, fuck, be with Black men. It's not that I am prejudice (maybe I am), but it seems that I am only interested in Black men. But lately, I have been thinking that I should broaden my horizons and see what the others have to offer.

When I say that I will open myself to dating outside my race, it DOES NOT mean that I am giving up on Black men. Yes, I have had bad experiences, but I would never "give up" on black men. I think that the reason that I have never dated a person of another race is that I know that I want to spend my life with another Black man. So it seems kind of pointless to date a non-black person. I can't imagine being close to person who doesn't share my culture, traditions, and way of life.

But I also know that I don't want to be like one of those Black men who feels like they have to have a non-black person on their arm to feel complete or better than everyone else. And please don't deny that those people exist. I absolutely hate black men who refuse to date other black men. And I also hate those white men who only "date" black men. If I dated a dude of another race, I would always be wondering if he only wants me because I am Black.

You know what? I change my mind. I'm gonna stick to my Black brothas. I don't see a point in trying something else when I know what I really want. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right?

4 Comments:

Blogger soforeal said...

I feel you man on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix" but how would you REALLY know what's BROKE until you get it taken for SERVICE. LOL!!

I'm just buggin man, stick it out wit VP. No one said relationships were easy.

10:14 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger E said...

I hear you, though I have dated outside my race. There's trifling men from all races...so you ain't missing much.

8:26 AM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Men are men. If you have a preference and desire a black brotha, then stick with what you know you want.

At least you seem willing to open the door for other options if they present itself

1:19 PM, April 08, 2006  
Blogger Soldier said...

Well well, if u don't date anybody BECAUSE u have to get somebody out of ur mind, it probably ain't gonna work u know because... u're gonna be thinking about the fact that u have to forget about him which of course, will make u think about him, and... that's not what you want, or is it ?

Personally, I don't believe in " goin through hell to change people" to make a relationship work (people r usually ready to do somethin when THEY decide that it's time for them to do it, y would u sit around and wait ?).

But i dunno all the details about ur particular story so i say do what feels right for you bro but just try to think about u first... don't go through any unecessary pain...

9:41 PM, April 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home