Monday, March 13, 2006

Is That All That We Want

How often do you hear people say that all they want is someone to love and have love them back? Each time that I hear it, I think about how much utter bullshit that notion is. Think about it. Loving someone is about the easiest thing in the world to do. How much effort does it take?

Is love all that we want? Hell no. We also want a man to be physically pleasing. We want him to have money to spend on us. We want him to be totally accepting of us. We want him to have the best sex on the planet. We want him to do everything that we ask. We want him to give us unlimited attention. We want him to have a superior education. We want him to have the nicest car. We want him to have the nicest home. We want him to have a certain level of masculinity or femininity. We want a lot.

Contrary to what Mary J. says, love is not ALL we need. When I think about all of the guys that I have dumped or who have dumped me, I think about what they were lacking in what I wanted or what they wanted. If my only point was to love someone or have someone love me, then I would have that right now. I've had it several times. But I realize that love is not all that I want. I want a certain man. He doesn't have to have everything that I want, but he will have to have most of the items on my list. I am not settling just for love. Funk that!

What do you all think? Is love the only criteria for a person that you get involved with?

6 Comments:

Blogger Cash S. said...

Dude, you hit the nail on the head. You're right, people scream that all the time, but they know good and well they want A LOT MORE!

I know I have a small list. Heck, who doesn't?

10:34 PM, March 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure everyone wants to love and be loved, but love is not always as easy as you think. If you are to be in a relationsihp with someone and it is to last, you must learn to love them unconditionally. Love them despite their faults (and there will be faults). You will never be the perfect match for your mate, and neither your mate for you, but once you connect with someone on a deep emotional level it becomes easier to see beyond one's fault and truly love. Great sex is always helps too!!!

7:35 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

My opinion is that real love is what makes relationships last longer than a few years.

The extra stuff just makes things easier to deal with in the getting to know you process.

8:02 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

Like anonymous said. I think you should love someone unconditionally( with in reason) of course. I mean my BF a slightly fem, broke college student, sometimes premature ejaculater with a passive aggressive streak. Not really the traits that are on my list, but I love that lil dude anyway.

9:00 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger That Girl said...

You dedinately need a lot more than love to have a real relationship. We all want more.

11:26 AM, March 18, 2006  
Blogger E said...

Good points.

I also feel what ladynay is saying. All the other stuff just makes it easier to put up with a person that you love.

Awww lj...you are in love..:-)

1:33 PM, March 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home