Monday, February 27, 2006

I Often Wonder

Statistics get on my fucking nerves. Such as the ones that say things such as that I have a 1 in 7 chance of becoming HIV positive. Or that 1 in 3 black gay men are HIV positive. Reading shit like that just pisses me the fuck off because they are not true in the slightest sense.

But I often wonder how my life would change if I were to find out that I were HIV positive. I honestly don't know how I would react. I get tested every 3 months because I want to know. Some people think that that is excessive, but what I eat doesn't make them shit. I am very concerned about my health.

But suppose the results of my test that I will take in April come back positive. How would my life change? I honestly don't know. I honestly don't think that I would freak out and cry and become angry at the world. I say that because I know that HIV is not an immediate death sentence as it once use to be. Not saying that I am not worried about it. Just that I don't worry about it any more than I worry about developing cancer or hepatitis.

So I want to ask you readers a question. How do you think that 1.) you would react to finding out that you were HIV positive and 2.) you life would change?

1 Comments:

Blogger E said...

I think I would beat myself up a bit, especially since I have been foolish in the past with my health.

But eventually I'd have to make the most of my remaining years and pray that they find some kind of cure.

I would try everything and anything out there to keep it at bay.

I'm due for another test soon. I'm always nervous.

10:15 AM, February 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home