Tuesday, February 21, 2006

That Little Something

You're a no good heart breaker
You're a liar and you're a cheat
And I don't know whyI let you do these things to me
My friends keep telling me
That you ain't no good
But oh, they don't know
That I'd leave you if I could

I guess I'm uptight
And I'm stuck like glue
Cause I ain't neverI ain't never,
I ain't never, no, no (loved a man)
(The way that I, I love you)

Some time ago I thought
You had run out of fools
But I was so wrong
You got one that you'll never lose
The way you treat me is a shame
How could ya hurt me so bad
Baby, you know that I'm the best thing
That you ever had
Kiss me once again

Don'cha never, never say that we we're through
Cause I ain't never
Never, Never, no, no (loved a man)(The way that I, I love you)

I can't sleep at night
And I can't even fight
I guess I'll never be free
Since you got, your hooks, in me

Whoa, oh, oh
Yeah! Yeah!
I ain't never loved a man
I ain't never loved a man, baby
Ain't never had a man hurt me so bad

No
Well this is what I'm gonna do about it


That little something is back again. Yesterday I had decided to break all ties to VP. But today I know that I can't do it. That little something in the back of my mind keeps telling me to stick with it and see what happens. I also know that everyone is gonna say that I am crazy for doing it and I probably am. But I need to stick with my gut this time. It's the only thing in my life that had been guiding me in the right direction.

VP and I have decided to take a 2 week break from each other. I figure that this will give me and him ample time to think this situation over. I need to do that because I tend to jump to conclusions and sometimes overreact. I just need to think about the situation.

He explained why he didn't want to have messages sent to his phone. He says that his nephew, who has been spending the week with him while his sister is in town, has been using his phone to make long distance calls without his knowledge. I asked him why he couldn't just tell me that, and he said that he didn't have an answer but that he should have told me.

So, I am gonna take that 2 weeks to think about this situation. And of course, I will blog about what I come up with. Wish me luck because I am gonna need it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Continue to trust your gut...I'll keep my fingers crossed for yah...

7:44 AM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

I just read your last few posts (I know I'm running behind) and I'm like "WHOA!!!!!"

Like ladynay said, trust your gut. Stick to your guns.

I'll be sending you an e-mail real soon!

9:42 AM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

Good luck ...

and btw, the nephew thing seems a little contrived to me. such a simple answer should have been a lot more forth-coming ... instead of last minute after he's had time to think about it.

And aren't we talking cell phone here? Why does anyone have the ability to use it without his knowledge?

Fishy fishy ......

11:39 AM, February 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SING IT, 'RETHA!!

12:23 PM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Some time we need a break from the other to wrip our minds around the whole thing. Take all the time that you need, it will all work itself out in the end.

2:25 PM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger E said...

Hmmm...I'm sorta with taylor on the excuse being a bit contrived. However, definitely go with your gut. Hopefully the two weeks will provide some clarity on the situation.

1:27 AM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger K Kaos said...

Man, what's really good? I hope this dude is worth all the effort, otherwise you are gonna end up looking like boo boo the fool. You are investing a lot of energy and time into someone, whom personally I don't think is good for u, based off what I have read and learned, and I TOTALLY agree with Taylor on that bullshit excuse about the nephew thing. But for ur sake, I hope it works out to ur liking.

B E Z

1:40 AM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey, you have to do what you think is best. no one can live your life for you but you!

i gots ya back patna! all that is important is you take your time to figure it all out and make the best possible decision for yourself and your life.

proud of you!

4:53 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

i don't know. There are times when my boyfriend is trippin and I ask myself what the hell am I sticking around for. I weigh the good against the bad. it usually measures out right...So good luck....No offense but that excuse about the text messages was a little....off

8:54 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger That Girl said...

HANG IN THERE!!!

6:32 AM, February 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home