Thursday, April 27, 2006

Tied Up and Binded

Last while reading Anthony's blog, I noticed that he would be in Atlanta for the Spaghetti Junction Urban Film festival (there is also a picture of Anthony on this site). Click here to find out what Spaghetti Junction is to us Atlantans. I had never been to a film festival, and since he is a fellow blogger I figured that I would have to attend. So, I left a comment on Anthony's blog telling him that he could be sure that I was there.

For some reason, his movie The Ties That Bind was being shown at 10am on last Thursday morning. I happened to be off and at home that day, so it wasn''t a problem for me to attend. But I really think that they could have given him a better time slot in the evening. There weren't many people there, but I am sure that the ones that were there enjoyed it.

I must tell you that the movie was excellent. Normally when people think of an independent or limited budget film, they think negatively about it. But that was not the case here. I throroughly enjoyed the film from beginning to end. The story line was excellent and the plot was realistic with no dull moments. But what really had me going was that EVERY actor fit the character that he or she portrayed. I must commend Anthony on the casting of the movie. My favorite character was Debra. You could easily tell that this woman was an actress with some experience.

Now, there were technical issues with the sound, but everything else was on point. The sets were very realistic and I later found out the secrets from Anthony about how the sets were designed and set up. What made me appreciate this movie more was the conversation that I had with Anthony later about how much work that it took to make the movie. A brotha like me doesn't even think that I could do something like this. So I hae to give Anthony his props on even doing a movie.

And lastly, the movie comes out on DVD on May 9th. Check out Anthony's blog for detail on ordering.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Hmmmmmmmmm may have to check that out....

6:50 AM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger antneya said...

Awwe Thank you Norris!!!!...I really appreciated that you were there and YES I would have appreciated a better time slot!!..especially since word spread about the film to even the cast of A Different World...but hey I was glad to have the audience that I did have :)

I am going to pass your comments along to the cast...especially Nicole Pettis that portrayed your favorite character "Debra" and your right no other actress could have played her at all!!!

I loved seeing your reactions to the film especially the ending I thought to myself...I got him!!...and that made my day.

8:44 AM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

I have not heard the spaghetti film festival before. I am going to have to go by his blog and find out more.

11:21 AM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

how much did he pay you for that review ... ?

damn, i demand more money ... LOL!

just kidding!

like i said on my blog the movie was good and it was kool meeting crazy arse alpha male ...

i will never forget RICHARDS ... LOL

1:51 PM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger antneya said...

OMG RICHARDS!!!!...NEVER AGAIN!!!...those white men were too many things in that place...lmao!!!

2:14 PM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I'll be on that when the DVD comes out...

3:31 PM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Well Anthony, you wanted to go out and we took you! But don't forget about the lone black stripper that was there.

3:52 PM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger antneya said...

yeah I did want to go out and we had fun.....but DAMN!!!...just one black stripper and he aint even speak english that well...lil Manny

6:32 PM, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home