Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Weekend

While I was in Phoenix last week, Dreads (my ex) called and asked me to help him drive to Dallas to return a car that he bought there a few months ago. The dealer had mislead him into thinking that the car was in excellent shape. I love to drive and hadn't been on a road trip in quite a while, so I agreed to go.

So when I landed at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, I had to go pick up his car from his boyfriend (Dreads had been letting him drive it) and drive to Tuscaloosa where he lived. Well, the boyfriend wasn't where he was supposed to be, putting my behind on leaving on schedule. Dreads called him several times and he never answered. Finally, 2 hours later, Dreads caught up with him and he left the car at a friends house and I picked it up. I don't think that he wanted to give the car up. I picked up the car and headed to Tuscaloosa where I arrived around 1am. I slept for about 2 hours and we hit the road.

It was a pleasant drive, but I had to keep stopping because my blood pressure medication keeps me running to the bathroom to piss. But other than that, there were no cops on the road and I even won $7 on a scratch off ticket in Louisiana. We finally made it to Dallas about 1:30pm. That was a long ass drive.

We went straight to the dealership to return the car and you know some drama had to go down. Dreads and the dealer had already decided on a figure that the dealer would pay for the car. But Dreads wanted to be reimbursed for travel expenses and repairs that he had made to the car. The dealer was not gonna budge because they had already discussed a dollar amount. But the dealer also wanted Dreads to give him an "excellent rating" on the online survey from EBAY. So they argued over those two issues for about 5 minutes. After that, I had had enough of them and snapped on both of them. I told Dreads that according to Texas law, he had entered an oral agreement only for payment for the car, not any other expenses. And I told the dealer that he could not compel Dreads to give him an excellent rating because it also was not a part of the oral agreement. I told him to sign the damn check so that we could get the hell out of there before I pulled a "Madea" on both of them. He signed the check and we left to go check into the hotel. When we got in the car, Dreads was bitching about not getting more for the car than he got. I simply told him to shut the fuck up because he should not have agreed to the price if it wasn't what he wanted.

After checking into the hotel, we headed to the Galleria mall to do a little shopping. Well actually, Dreads did some shopping, I was just there to look. But what I did notice were that there were a lot of "kids" shopping that day. There was eye candy for days. I started to call and make some U-Haul reservations. Dreads went on a mini shopping spree and spent a few hundred dollars that he knew he was gonna feel guily about later (and he did). He did get some nice shit though because every store seemed to be having a sale. I spent only $35. After we left the mall we went back to the hotel to get some rest cause a brotha was tired as hell.

When we got to the hotel, we were trying to find out a club to crash for the evening. Of course no one I called knew of anything. So we got A4A and chatted with a few people in Dallas. Withing minutes, we had the names and addresses of about 4 clubs. We decided to go to Da Brick since it had gotten the most attention online. But as a backup plan, I decided to get directions to Ninfas. And as a backup plan for the backup plan, I got directions to Elm and Pearl. I would not be denied a good time.

So we hit up Da Brick first with plans to leave if it was lame. And it was! I swear that it was the most ghetto club that I had ever seen. When I walked in, the first thing that I noticed was they were playing hood music that even I had never heard off. Second, I saw a drag queen with a Busted Can of Biscuits. Third, the drinks were cheap for a reason, they were week as hell. And on top of that, the bartender was only wearing a pair of Froot of the Looms (he needed a bra also). After that, it was time TO GO!

We headed over to Ninfas and walked in having a good time. Dudes were flirting left and right and the drinks were tight. The music was current and relevant, and I did something that I have not done in years. I danced until I was sweating! When the DJ played "Deja Vu" I knocked some foks down getting to the floor. Then he played "Snap Yo Fingaz' and "Getting Some," it was on and poppin. I danced with Dreads for about 30 minutes. There was this sexy little dude trying to get all up on my booty, but I wasn't having that. I am not a hoochie. After talking to a few dudes, dancing, and drinking we were ready to go since we were gonna leave at 9am. So we left for the hotel.

The next morning we got up and drove back to Atlanta, GA. All in all, I had a good time my 20 hours in Dallas. And it was nice to travel when it wasn't for work. I might have to visit "Big D" again in the future.

6 Comments:

Blogger K Kaos said...

Was everything bigger in Texas?

6:02 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger That Girl said...

Sounds like you had fun and good thing you did not go overboard spending. Oh, and who buys cars on EBAY anyway?

9:40 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Soldier said...

How people can drive for so long so easily is beyond me. Seriously, for a trip like yours i would have needed a 4 weeks preparation or something...

Spontaneous trips are the best though, you don't expect anything, so you tend to enjoy yourself, i'm glad you did.

9:50 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Driving like that has never bothered me. My record is 14 hours with 3 stops.

9:52 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

I'm gonna have to hit Dallas since im living in texas now

12:35 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Okay I am too busy laughing at the knocking folk over to get to the dance flo deal! hhahahahahahaha

12:13 PM, July 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home