Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My 3 Dates

So on the last post, I stated that I had 3 dates planned for this past weekend. Well 2 of them didn't happen because of scheduling conflicts. I really wasn't upset because I have come to expect things like these.

The first guy had to cancel on Friday because he didn't think about the fact that he didn't get off work until 8pm. And he also failed to mention this to me during the planning stages of the date. Now, by the time he got off, went home to freshen up, and got to me, I guess it would have been about 11pm. I was supposed to meet some friends for a spades party at 11pm, so I wanted to start the date about 7pm and still catch the spades party. So we cancelled and I cancelled him. I talked to him on Saturday and didn't even mention it. He's been calling me, but I haven't answered and don't plan to. I hope he gets the hint.

The second date was with a dude that I met at the The Toy Store. We planned to meet in Downtown Decatur at a popular Mexican restaurant at 2pm on Saturday. When he told me that the restaurant closes at 3pm, I suggested 1pm. We met up and actually had a pretty nice time. We just talked about different things over lunch and then walked around the city for a while. Dude was cool, but there just wasn't any chemistry between us (at least I didn't feel any). After I got in my car, I called him and thanked him for the date.

The third date (Sunday)was aborted because the guy is a workaholic. We planned to just have dinner at his place on Sunday. He got so into grading term papers and what not that he fell asleep and didn't get to the grocery store. What really gets me is that he didn't call to tell me about this until last night *I let him tell my voicemail*. I guess i'll be deleting his phone number also.

Even though 2 of the 3 dates didn't occur, I still had a good time this weekend hanging with friends at playing spades, bowling, and clubbing.

But I think that I am gonna go light on the dating for the time being. My mind really isn't into trying to meet anyone for anything other than a date or 2, so oh well. But if a good guy should come along, then i'll think about changing my mind.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

damn...what is really goin' on down there in the dirty-dirty?

9:16 PM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger Eb the Celeb said...

dang you had 3 dates planned in the same weekend... I cant even get 1 date in a month...

12:08 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@Cocao-I have no clue!!!!

@Ebonne-It's easy. You just see someone that you like, observe them for a minute and just ask them out on a date.

12:50 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Don't sweat it. Bring on the next round!

9:03 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Ty said...

I thought dating was like that only in the NYC area. Oh well, take it for what it is. Although, I wouldn't give up yet on date #1.

7:56 AM, December 07, 2007  
Blogger ThisMightBeMe said...

That is a good start there...Explore those options..

3:57 PM, December 07, 2007  
Blogger Beana said...

toy store???

note to sistaJ...check this out when u get home. Even tho i got a hint that girls are not allowed.

5:27 PM, December 07, 2007  
Blogger E said...

Hey the three dates in a weekend thing once...I even blogged about it. It's not all it's cracked up to be and all three (despite them all happening...and that was exhausting...*LOL*) turned out to be duds.

9:17 PM, December 07, 2007  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Yea, I wouldn't give up on #1 either.

9:15 AM, December 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home