Saturday, November 03, 2007

Amen

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am not a religious person. I gave up on religion about 11 years ago when I was in college. I am not against religion, I just don't follow one. But I am happy that I started my life going to church because it taught me to have a love for God. I don't need religion for that.

Sometimes I seem to forget that it's God that wakes me up each morning. I forget to give thanks for that. I forget to give thanks that I can go to my refrigerator or out to eat to get food. I forget to give thanks for being able to get in my car and go where I need or want to. I forget to give thanks for having clothes and shoes in my closet. I forget to give thanks for having my bills paid even if I don't have anything left over. I forget to give thanks that I have people who love me. I forget to give thanks for a lot of things.

But I also find that I forget about God when things aren't going so well or when I am not in the best of moods. But I have surmised that God is the first one that I need to call on when I need something. Not my family. Not my best friend. Not anything or anyone else but God.

Thanks to God, i'll never forget again.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger WhozHe said...

And again we say, Amen.

6:52 PM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger Beana said...

smilin at u from my side of the world :-)

6:58 PM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger life said...

Amen to that!!! It great to have moments like that. Despite everything that's going on I'm still blessed.

12:09 AM, November 04, 2007  
Blogger admin said...

I agree. It's great to have moments like that.

9:24 AM, November 04, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

well...
LOL
good to know that you know

9:51 AM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger perfectingmeB said...

All I can say is Amen.

7:08 PM, November 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home