Monday, October 29, 2007

LIfe as of 10/29/07

Here are some updates on my life as of now.

1. It's officially been said in words that Hollywood and I are 100% completely over. I have been living this last month with those "maybe we can try again" and "maybe he still wants me" feelings. I asked him earlier tonight if we were completely over and he said "I guess so". I couldn't get a straight answer out of him for anything, so I translated the "i guess so" into a "I want you to ask me to try again." My self esteem is not low enought to be running after a man, so yeah, this situation is dropped. I don't want to be cool. I don't want t be friends. I just want the situation to go away.

2. I got my damn raise. A whole fucking 3 percent raise. But guess what happened? My fucking social security taxes went up by 3 percent also. I can't win for losing.

3. I went on a date Saturday. Dude (i'll wait before he gets a nickname) picked me up, we went to lunch, a walk in the park, and he dropped me off at home where he got a peck on the lips. The only problem is that he had 3 phone conversations while we were together and I think that he is already in heavy like. That's kinda a turn off, but i will see what happens. I hate to have to tell a brotha to slow down.

4. I'm gonna register to take the GMAT. I just need to set the appointment to take it and pay the money. I don't want to fork over a couple of hundred dollars, but this is the first step to getting in to graduate school for the MBA that I want.

5. It's damn near midnight, so that's all that I can think of. That and the fact that nothing has really been happening in my life.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger yet another black guy said...

1) i feel you on that one. don't chase his ass, he'll recognize your value when he meets the next guy.

2) congrats! man celebrate the victories, because sometimes they are few and far between.

3) way to get back into it. and if he's catching feelings after a few convo's, that's not a good sign.

4) DO IT!

5) take your ass to bed. sometimes nothing going on is something good.

9:27 AM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

See...this is an upswing...I like upswings... :)

9:31 AM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger D.LavarJames said...

Good luck with the GMAT!

10:26 AM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger life said...

I'm loving the progress! I also like that you are taking it slow with the new guy. A peck is cute...lol.

10:41 AM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

1 - I feel your pain.

2 - I'm due for one soon. Let's see what I get.

3 - Good for you. I hope I start reading some sappy stories here too.

4 - Good luck.

1:21 PM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger E said...

1) Yeah he's being a bit wishy washy. If anything, I think he may be the one trying to get back with you. So stay away..:-)

2) Well damn.

3) Yeah you know how I feel about that phone thing, especially on the first date. I think you might have to tell a brotha to slow it down..*LOL*.

4) Ouch on the cost...but it should be worth it.

5) Hey. Stuff is happening..:-)

7:31 PM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger WhozHe said...

Progress, progress, progress, that's all you can ask for.

9:02 PM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Congrats on wanting to get your Master's degree!

8:48 AM, October 31, 2007  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

i still cry when i think of the GMAT.... and after the second conversation while we were on a date that would have been the end...

12:42 PM, October 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your GMAT idea - that's definitely future looking in multiple ways - 1) It improves your career prospects to get you somewhere you might get better than a 3% raise, 2) It gives you a goal to work toward, 3) Working on a new degree program gives you an opportunity to go back to school and in a mix of other young, like-minded guys, 4) It gets you looking forward instead of back.

Very good plan.

11:12 PM, November 01, 2007  
Blogger ponoono said...

you put your pecker on his lips? that is hardly chaste....

3:55 PM, November 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home