Friday, July 06, 2007

I Need To Stop

I need to stop:

1. Calling people ghetto--When I see gold teeth, or hear someone saying "skreet" or "skrawberry", or see someone with unusually colored hair. They aren't ghetto, they are just expressing themselves. In addition, some people would consider some of the things that I do ghetto.

2. Drinking-I got so drunk a few weeks ago that I couldn't drive and forgot a few hours of the night. Since that time, I have had 3 drinks total.

3. Driving so fast-I don't excessively speed, but I do drive faster than most other people. It seems as though if the other drivers are traveling at 60mph, i'm doing 70mph. I just need to slow down. I haven't had a ticket in about 2.5 years and don't need one.

4. Being so critical of myself. Lately I have been feeling guilty about the way that I treat people. But i'm just being me. I don't do anything malicious to people, but I will tell a person off in a minute. I can't feel guilty about speaking my mind.

5. Laying on my ass. I spend more time laying down, reading the paper or a book, or watching television than I do being active. I haven't been playing tennis or going to the gym in the past few months. I need to get off my ass and get active. I had started taking walks in Piedmont park, but that's too far of a drive just to go walking.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger E said...

I'm guilty of driving too fast myself. And I think you read about my police daddy ticket drama...:-)

I've been slightly slipping on the gym thing myself. I need to get myself back in gear...or I could always do another cleanse...*LOL*.

11:39 PM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger Searching... said...

Eh, is sitting in bed reading such a bad thing? I've been doing it all summer... It's easier than actually going out, lol.

On another note, don't be guilty for being yourself. Who has time for that?

1:56 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger admin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:50 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger admin said...

You are right, people usually use the "g" word inappropriately.

Reading the paper or a book isn't that bad! But there has to be balance.

6:51 AM, July 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4 may have a deeper than you think.. I don't know the reason, but give it some thought.....

and yes it is to far to drive just to CRUISE piedmont and call it Exercise...LOL

9:54 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Kennon-At least you know what Piedmont Park really is for.

10:16 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

5 could be on my list. The only difference is I'll be sleep instead of reading. LOL!

Hope someone filled in those few hours for you a few weeks ago! :-)

2:09 PM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger Corey Keith said...

I am a sleep-a-holic! I have to stop sleeping my life away. I am a book-whore, but I think that's a positive! You should read Looker by Stanley Bennett Clay! Its an awesome read.

1:19 PM, July 08, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

1 - I do the same sort of thing. I don't feel too badly about it.

2 - I drink more now than I ever have in my entire life. I should slow down.

3 - Same here.

4 - There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind as long as you exercise discretion.

1:26 PM, July 08, 2007  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

5- I think its ok to lay around and read or whatever. Its not like you're laying around eating boxes of krispy kreme donuts. I think we sometimes busy ourselves with all kinds of things for no reason. Taking time out to reflect and relax is healthy.

10:20 AM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

i wish i would feel bad for telling somebody off. and i don't call certain folks ghetto (seems played out to me). i just avoid them. hahahahaha!!!

4:46 PM, July 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home