Thursday, March 08, 2007

Am I too Honest?

I try not to lie to people. Sometimes it's necessary to do so, but I try not to unless someone's feelings may be hurt by the truth or I think that they may pop a cap in my ass. I also make it a point to answer questions honestly when people ask me something, no matter who the person is. If I don't want them to know something, then I say "I don't want to answer that question." I do this because I want people to have an honest opinion about me and hopefully be honest with me.

But it bothers the hell out of me when people lie. Especially when you know or can tell that they are lying. I'll give you the inspiration behind this post.

I was at a get together last Friday where we played a drinking game called "Pennies." The rules of the game state that the participants sit in a circle and ask questions of the group. If the question applies to you, you throw a penny in the middle of the circle (we used a aluminum pan so that we could here the pennies drop). You have a certain number of pennies (maybe 10) and that determines the number of questions to ask. The questions must begin with, "throw a penny in the circle if you have ever". The game is played in the dark so that noone knows who is throwing pennies in the circle. And lastly, whomever has the fewest number of pennies at the end of the round, has to drink a shot. I hope you all got that. If not read it again.*
Well we played 5 rounds of the game and I had to drink 4 *I tied with someone once* times. Of course with 10 gay men, you can guess that the questions were mostly sexual in nature.

What shocked me most was that at the end of 10 questions, there were people with 8 or nine pennies left. I kept thinking to myself "am I that big of a sex addict?" But by the end of the 4th round, I began to think, "these bitches are lying!" I just couldnt believe that I was the only one that threw a penny in the circle when some one said "throw a penny in the circle if you have had sex with more than 10 people". I was the ONLY one. Now I know that I have had some serious sex in my life, but I knew at this point that these dudes were not answering these questions honestly.

When I got home, I just kept thinking about it. What were they trying to protect? Did they not want people to know that they had danced with the devil in the pale moonlight. It just seems like they didn't want to answer the questions because they didn't want people to think "badly" of them. Me, I just don't give a rat's ass what people think about me. I have too much other shit on my mind.

But it did make me wonder if I am just too honest. Should I be keeping things like this to myself. It's not like I am telling the world all of my business. But I have a don't advertise, don't deny policy on most aspects of my life. I don't volunteer information, but I won't deny it when asked about it.


From reading my blog, do you all think that I am too honest with information about my life (especially my sex life)? Let a brotha know.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

From reading your blog, no I don't think so.

8:04 AM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger life said...

OMG...someone tried to introduce me to that game last weekend. HHMM...they didn't tell me you played with the lights off. It was a game...maybe they were embrassed or something.

I haven't read a post of yours that has made me gasp out of TMI. You have made me gasp with your crunkness...lol.

9:38 AM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

I read your blog every chance i get and to me your honesty is refreshing. The fact that you just put it all out there is what makes you so real. Everybody talks about how real they are but when they hold most shit back and lie how real are they. You are one of the few mutha fucka's who can say yes i am real. All this just to say no man you arent to honest. You can never be...even if it hurts peoples feelings. I still need to take the time out to get to know you myself one of these days.

7:21 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger Sparkle Bell said...

I think honesty is a good quality and you are very open with alot of personal things happening in your life...however, I like that...I do the same in my blog...I like to believe that maybe by exposing some of the issues that I have I am helping someone...at the very least I am helping myself get it all out....you have probably helped more people then you know...besides what the heck would our nosey asses do without the latest scoup on your life...

you keep doing what you doing...forget those liars!!!

10:35 PM, March 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it real. I enjoy your blog. My mother would always say, "What's done in the dark will be brought to the light." Yes, I know it's from the bible, but I think it was that very quote or scripture that made me come out to her...By the way, that quote you wrote: Batman right?

1:10 AM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger E said...

I'll be honest. You are a bit too honest. Raw. But that's what I like about you. You do things that I only wish I had the balls to do.

Continue doing you, though. That's why I enjoy reading your blog.

2:31 AM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@ladynay-Thanks. I can depend on you to be "honest" with me.

@life-It was a cool game. I just wish that people would not have felt that people would have been judging them.

@J-It's strange that I have never second guessed myself before. I wonder why now.

@4gotten1-I try to be as real as possible. And all of my friends know that if they want the truth, to ask me.

@Sparkle-I also think that exposing myself can also help other people. When I read other blogs it helps me to think about myself.

@Bro92116-That was from Batman. I didn't think that anyone would get it.

@E-You have the balls to be upfront and blunt. I think that ypou just worry about hurting people's feelings.

11:16 AM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

No...I think you're confusing being too honest with being too forthcoming...
You can be honest when you do in fact answer something, but it doesn't mean you have to answer everything. I suffer from the same problem... I'm great at keeping everyone else's secrets and don't tell about painful shyt in my life, but God knows I am an open book about everything else with folks.

8:57 PM, March 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Cocoa is right. But you know what? I think the mfs was playing you. As in "Let's get 'im drunk." You're probably lucky they weren't dopin up your shots. I've been burned a few times too many - course I have ummmm, a whole of years on you. Old, bitter, jaded - call it what you will. But I don't waste time with people who aren't both honest AND forthcoming any more. In a number of your posts, when you talk about the kind of person you are looking for, or what you don't like about a lover, the actual fact is - you are looking for someone who is honest, forthcoming, and willing to accept you as such, too.

Keep on!

9:34 PM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@manchild1-I agree

@Cocoa-Yeah, that it's forthcoming. I think that I need to say no comment more often.

@steve-I don't think that they were trying to play me, but there were a few folks there that would have liked to get my drunk. They should have tried harder.

9:51 PM, March 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Maybe you should have thrown money in for every question whether it was true or not? Hmmmm....

9:17 PM, March 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home