Thursday, February 08, 2007

I Know What I Want

I'm not perfect and I realize that. I have never said that I was perfect or that I know everything in the world. There are things about me that I need to change. There are things about me that won't change. There are things about me that may need to change that I don't want to or won't change. There are things about me that other people don't like. There are things about me that others think that I should change. I'm just me and I accept me for me. But all in all, I am still me.

The only person that I have to answer to is me. I have to suffer the consequences of my actions and my decisions. I am my sole decision maker.

My last post may have made a few people believe that I want perfection in a person that I date. That isn't so. I want a man to be himself. I do not ask for anything from a person. I never ask them to change themselves. What I want is to be with a person that I just feel comfortable with. I am not gonna deal with a person who makes me complain to my friends. What the hell's the point if there are 10 things that I don't like/hate about him? I am not going to settle for someone that I don't really like. Do you settle? I hope not.

What I truly want is a person that is compatible with me. I am a clean person, so why would I want someone who keeps a messy house? I am organized, so why would I want someone who can't find something that they just put down? I speak my mind, so why would I want someone who can't do the same. I always tell the truth in relationships, so why would I want someone who keeps secrets? I am a person who is good with directions, so why would I want a person who can't find his way down a one way street?

I don't expect to find someone who is 100% compatible with me. But like I said, I am not gonna date someone that I don't like. I refuse to date someone just to have a man in my life. If I can't see myself building a life with someone and being able to accept them, then I am not going to waste my time with that person. I know that there are people that I am compatible with because I have had a least one of those. That person was Chicago *I know you are gonna read this*. He wasn't a perfect men, but he was right for me. He had his shit together. He listened. He spoke his mind. He paid his bills. He respected his parents. He respected me. He took me places. We went on real dates. He put up with my bullshit. He was compatible with me and I loved him for it. The only reason that we are still not together is those 750 miles.

Having known him, I know that there is another person out there that I am compatible with. So why should I settle for someone that I don't really like? I can't do that and I won't do that.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Beana said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:58 PM, February 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Straight women often go looking for a man they can "change." It always ends up in failure. You're right to be picky.

12:49 AM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Is there a way to lessen the milage?

8:05 AM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger E said...

I think my friend Eugene has that same philosophy. Sometimes I think he's looking for perfection but I remind myself that he's just not going to settle for any ol' shit. So I commend you for not allowing yourself to fall for it.

12:35 AM, February 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your struggle is not being picky, it is the issues you have with the gay playground that dealt you a bad deal to play with.

Unknowingly trapped, you can't get out.

1:54 AM, February 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe its more than 750 miles causing the separation.

7:47 PM, February 10, 2007  
Blogger Dayne Avery said...

I read you list and saw nothing wrong with it. I actually liked it. Why settle?

2:57 PM, February 11, 2007  
Blogger iii said...

You're right DON"T SETTLE! I believe when the time is right the person for you will cross your path and connect. But until that time concentrate on you on your goals, dreams, and work on things that you dont like about yourself to form a better you (if possible). Enjoy life, have fun and dont worry.

11:34 AM, February 12, 2007  
Blogger Cash S. said...

I second Mr Avery. I liked the list.

9:49 PM, February 12, 2007  
Blogger DivineLavender said...

Well you don't have to settle, yet nothing worth having is easy. You got to work at a relationship...if it will be worth anything.

I don't have the answers...just some thoughts.

10:47 PM, February 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home