Tuesday, August 16, 2005

"Ain't No Good Men Out There" Part 2

After reading the comments on my previous post titled "Ain't No Good Men Out There," i felt compelled to do a short follow up. I wrote that post because I realized that I was not being a good man to the good man that I had and it ended my relationship.

We have all dated, had sex with, talked to, been in a relationship with a "no good" man. My one question is this: Why put up with his ass? Whoever said that having a piece of man is better than not having one at all was on some bullshit! I don't don't understand why anyone would stay with a person that continuosly does them wrong. I have always lived by the mantra that: If it does you harm, get rid of it. If my car continously breaks down, I trade that mutha in. If a friend betrays my trust, I get rid of his/her ass. Why make it any different for a man?

The first time he says, "i'll call you later" or "i'll call you back," and doesn't, take that as a sign. The first time that he breaks a date, take that as a sign. The first time that he ask you for money, take that as a sign. If these signs keep flashing, change the road that you are on. Why keep driving on a bumpy road?

Basically, you got to recognize game before it recognizes you. Recognize that shit! Look for the clues and kick his ass to the curb.

If a dude ain't spending time with you, but wants to have sex all of the time, drop his ass!
If the dude ain't calling you when he says he will, drop his ass!
If a dude keeps breaking dates, drop his ass!
If a dude hits you the FIRST time, kick his ass and then drop him!
If a dude cheats on you, drop his ass!
If he ain't contributing to your happiness, drop his ass!

You just can't put yourself out there to be taken advantage of. The purpose of dating someone is to see if you 2 are right for each other. You got to recognize what is really going on. If you notice that you 2 are arguing everyday, and you have only been dating for 2 weeks, guess what? I ain't even got to tell you. If the man ain't making you happy, why keep him?

There are good men out there, but a lot of us are wasting our time on the ones that we know are not right for us. We are so caught up in want we want, that we don't look for what we need. I know that this post is a lot of rambling, but I just had to get it out. Holla back at me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Mr. That Dude,

Good points man, good points. But my grandmother Madea always told me, "don't be too quick to get rid of men...they're good for something. Find out what they're good for and put their ass to work - remember variety because it's the spice of life."

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

5:40 PM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

Dude, I totally feel what you're saying. Believe me I do.

11:07 PM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger That Girl said...

I understand as well...it's a hard thing to do...getting rid of the man in your life--- even when we know that he's not right for us. Now, I have never subscribed to that BS that to have any man is better than to be alone...but I have been in a situation, where I know something is not working but I just keep trying to work it out.

6:26 AM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger E said...

Wow! This part especially got me:
"Basically, you got to recognize game before it recognizes you. Recognize that shit!"

So true. If only it were that easy.

11:16 PM, August 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home