Thursday, August 04, 2005

Why Is Everybody So Sad

I have been reading blogs (black and/or gay themed only) since January, and the overall sense that I get is that not many people are happy with their lives. I don't know what it is, but we have got to do something about their lives. If it's not money problems, it's job or men. We gots yes, I said gotS) to do better.

Here are some things that I do to help me stay happy:

1. Each morning when I awaken, I thank the higher power for all that I have done, am doing, and will do in the future.

2. Smile. No matter what the situation. If you catch yourself with a mean mug, change it.

3. Tell people exactly what's on your mind and don't sugarcoat it. Tell it like it is.

4. Hit the gym. This is the best thing that I can think of to relieve stress. When I feel those pangs of depression coming, I hit it to Bally's to improve the buns.

5. Remember your goals in life and do something each day that helps your progression toward those goals. If you hate your job, you should spend at least an hour a day looking for and preparing yourself for something better.

6. Do something nice for somebody even if they don't show appreciation.

7. For those of us with self-esteem issues, look in the mirror at that part of your body that you love. I look at my legs and arms at least 20 times a day. No lie.

8. Tell yourself that you love yourself and mean it. Rupaul said it most emphatically when he said, "How in the hell are you gonna love somebody else when you don't love yourself?" can I get a HELLO on that quote?

9. Stop the hate and you will stop the heartache. To paraphrase Medgar Evers, It's a waste of time to hate people because half of the people that you hate don't know and the other half don't care.

10. Spend less money than you make. If you don't have enough money, do a budget and cut out the shit that you don't need. I don't need to buy a new set of rims for my car, so that was taken out of my budget.


We can't sit around being sad and depressed all of the time. That leads to some of the negativity that floats around touching us on the shoulder. I have read on some of the blogs that their is animosity going on among the Black Gay Bloggers. Let it go. Just let it go. It's not helping any of us.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being gay is a choice, and a bad one at that. I don't know, but, I have never known a gay who is truly happy knowing that there is no commitment to safeguard his relationship with another one. I wish you the happiness in life. I hope you find your true self.

12:12 AM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Anonymous, I was truly gonna delete your comment, but you do have your opinion. It's not just gay people who are unhappy with their lives. It's everyone. I am one gay black man that is happy with his life. But you don't know me though. Being happy is a choice, being gay is inate.

7:33 AM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

The next time you are out, can you pick up me a size 10.5 all white pair of Air Force Ones. You know, to help with your stress relief. LOL

7:35 AM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger E said...

I wear some 9 1/2's myself. Nice message.

8:39 AM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger Troy N. said...

When I first read your blog I knew you'd be different and a breath of fresh air among the usuals, today's post proves it. You are telling us exactly what we need to hear. I hope we meet up one day, seriously, I'd love to hang out with you and show you my crazy but upbeat side. It's in each and every one of us if we would only start thanking God and recognizing HIM in us.
Thanks for this; it touched me.

2:02 PM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

AMEN MY BROTHA! I totally hear and agree with what you are saying.

5:52 PM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger KneeDeep said...

Damn, you hit it right on the HEAD!
KD

10:26 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Ink said...

Searching Google for some things to help all these sad people around me, I found your post, and was immediately inspired (even if it really is several years old ^_^). You are absolutely right, gave excellent tips, and worded it wonderfully so that I'm sure anyone reading this would find the inspiration to cheer themselves, and other, up. =) thank you

1:15 AM, August 07, 2010  
Blogger Mz Yz said...

Ditto Ink's comment.
My mantra of late is to make people happier, not sadder... And to start with myself.
Am I good at it? Not GREAT but getting better - It's a skill: To practice and get better at.
But you know what? YOU made me happier, and I am glad that you are in the world spreading your kind of happiness :-)

9:18 PM, April 28, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home