Sunday, July 17, 2005

CUTE


CUTE. Don't we love this word and anything that can be described with it? Doesn't cute seem to be enough for you to do some shit that you don't regularly do? Well, not for me. As I find myself getting older, cute don't mean shit anymore. Now when I was a hot little <24 years old, cute would be enough for me to hold onto a guy no matter what dumb or bad shit he did. Now don't get me wrong, cute still attracts me to a dude. The only thing is that now, I find cute to wear off quickly when I get to know more about a person. Other, more concrete things start to matter.

When you first meet someone that you are attracted to, you are blinded and deafened by that attraction. You are blind to the things that they do and deaf to the things that they say. You can have hours long conversations with them, but the initial attraction blocks out everything that the person says. You can go out on a date, but not see that he is not paying you any attention. All you remember is that you talked on the phone for two hours and that you had a good time at the movies. But after a few weeks, or even a few days, your ears open and your eyes start to focus.

Now you pay attention to what the person says and does. "Damn, did he just call me girl ?" "Damn, he didn't call me this morning like he said that he would." You start to notice shit like this. So the question is: Now that time has passed and realize that this dude ain't making you smile anymore, is he still as CUTE as he was when you first met? Think about it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you. And it's also no fun when somebody calls you cute. To me that suggests they aren't taking me serious or don't think I am worth more than a momentary glance. Definitely not cute.

And yes, someone is reading this blog. :-)

11:50 AM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

When I call a brotha cute, it's just a compliment. Now if I think that the brotha is sexy, he gone get a holla from me. Cute wears off quickly. But sexy stays long enough to get bill paid.

2:16 PM, July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home