Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Wonderful Letter X

Have you ever noticed that the letter "X" is used to refer to a person, when you don't want to use their name. Such as in: " I was talking to X the other day and..." Well, I use it for an entirely different reason and it has to do with my cell phone and x-pieces.

Here is why i'm telling this story. I have being communicating/trying to date/talking to this dude for the last month. We'll call him The Best because he thinks that his conceited ass is the best at everything. I met The Best on A4A and waited a good month to give him my number. I have seen him once during the whole time. Now, I travel frequently for my job and I am gone for 4-9 days at a time. So, it's difficult to date anyone. I told him this when we met, as I tell everyone. He said that he was cool with that because he traveled a lot also.

Well of course, the first few days we talked for hours and hours and we actually met and had a nice little dinner at this ghetto little Mexican Restaraunte in Lithonia. That was the last time that I have seen him, as I left the next day to for work. We talked everyday while I was gone. I told The Best that I would be home for 3 days and we made plans to see each other while I was home. Saturday evening when I got home, I called him. No answer. Mind you that The Best does not (so he says) have a cell phone. He calls me late that night and says that he was with his family. So we make plans for Sunday evening. I call him, and get a repeat of Saturday. The same thing happened on Monday and Tuesday. So Tuesday evening, I went on a date with someone else. At this point, i'm through with The Best. He called me 10 times while I was on my way to Charlotte for work.

That's where the X comes in. When I am through with someone and don't want to talk to him/her anymore, I just put an X in front of their name in my cell phone. That way, they call me and I see the X, I know not to answer. I do this because I have a habit of seeing a name, but not reading it and answering the phone. Then I have to either hang up on them or talk to the person just to be nice. The X makes me pay attention to the name on the display. This system has worked for me for a while. Maybe you all should try it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stone said...

You know where you met someone plays a big part on how things develops sometimes. I read a post and it said the problem usually start at the begin. If I had one wish for you today it would be that there is no more Xs’

6:24 PM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Stone,

There won't be any Xs' for a while. I am going back start dating "SALI". SINGLE AND LOVING IT.

6:37 PM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger prodigalsun said...

LOL... Good system... lol

8:19 PM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home