Sunday, September 21, 2008

Unlike Solange...


...I haven't decided.

Can you believe that we have about a month and a half until the presidential election and I have not made a decision on who will get my vote or even if I will vote?

I can honestly say that I do not know who I am voting for. And since I am not a member of any political party, I feel no obligation to choose a candidate for either party. In the past, I just voted for the Democrat because that's what Mom and Dad used to do. But now, I see that both parties have good and bad about them. I agree with ideals of both Democrats and Republicans.

The problem here is that neither candidate has said or done anything to impress me or persuade me into voting for him. And after listening to them both, I think that they are both full of bullish when it comes to the plans they have and the promises that they make. Neither one of them can say for sure of what they will do when in office.
Of course I have been bombarded with reasons why I should consider one candidate over the other, but none of those reasons has been valid enough to persuade me. "McCain has more experience." "Obama can rally the people." "Obama can make history." McCain will work with the other party. None of the reasons have done anything for me. And all of the negative media advertisements don't make things any better.

So at this point, I don't know if I am will mark a box in the PRESIDENTIAL ballot at all. But I will cast ballots in the local, city, and state elections. We have state senators up for election and those are the people who really decide the direction our country takes.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger yet another black guy said...

I think you should start checking different sites for info on the issues that you feel are most important to you. This is an election that i really feel ALL Americans need to be involved. I'm really concerned about the future and both candidates' proposed plans differ drastically.

12:00 AM, September 22, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand how you feel...

7:00 AM, September 22, 2008  
Blogger Nario said...

I agree with YABG....do your homework and take your time, either case I do think you should vote, there is no right or wrong in voting for someone that you feel represents your values, goals, etc...having a voice is important considering what minorities have gone through to simply make way for us to have a say. IMO

8:37 AM, September 22, 2008  
Blogger Joey Bahamas said...

I still can't believe that people haven't made up their minds about this election yet. I guess the other readers are right...think about what issues are of the biggest importance to you and examine the platform of each candidate. In my opinion, beyond the history making etc, Obama is the better candidate.

JB
Obiden '08

10:10 AM, September 22, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Just close your eyes and pick one.

12:00 PM, September 22, 2008  
Blogger Chet said...

I agree there hasn't been much said or done by either candidate and most of us have decided to vote for Obama based on the premise that he will really make a significant difference, while Mccann will do what the other republicans have done before him they will put in place seperation of the people, and the opportunities for the betterment of all mankind.

I have mixed emotions and I have so little to go on that this will be one of the hardest decision I have had to make. Follow my heart or my mind?

7:06 PM, September 24, 2008  
Blogger houstonmacbro said...

And this latest McCain stunt (suspending his campaign to return to Washington to fix the mortage crisis) is just the icing on this already horrible tasting cake.

6:28 AM, September 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I once spoke to an older man who told me the story about how members of his family did not always have the opportunity to vote in this country and how he and many people fought for that right. I have always remembered how seriously he took it... it was quite inspiring.

What is important to you? In doing research, other than the soundbites that are promoted by the news, which of the candidates speaks to your needs?

For me, I am all about the greater good.

I have done a lot of research, followed both primary elections, both national conventions, all of the big interviews and done secondary research via the Internet. In my eyes, one campaign has remained consistent from its initiation, while the other bounces back and forth depending upon what the new big thing is...

This is an important election, not only because it is history making, but because we entirely too invested in a misguided "war", our economy is in the toilet and the vast majority of Americans are without adequate healthcare.

Man, I really hope you vote, one way or the other...

11:32 PM, October 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home