Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm Back

I had to take an unintended break from blog world for a few reason. One of those being that my laptop died. So I am using my old, unreliable desktop computer. I had to buy a wireles adapter so that I could connect to the internet. I'm suprised that this computer still works since I have had it for 5 years. The other reason for the break is that my roommate didn't pay the phone bill and the DSL was turned off for a few days. I will get into that in a few days.

But first let me tell you about my Labor Day Weekend in Atlanta. I must tell you that living here in Atlanta has it's advantages when it comes to Black Gay Pride Weekend. I don't have to worry about a place to stay, renting a car, or knowing where to go. BeatMug and Goofy stayed with me when they got in on Thursday. We pretty much hit up a club and party every night and day. Last year was all about the pride events during the day time. But this year was all about partying my ass off. Why? Because clubbing is gonne drop on my list of things to do. I didn't get to do much of the daytime events because getting in at 6-7am can zap your energy. Here are my observations:

1. The clubs were really cool.
A. Phase One was a cool place with an aight strip show on Thursday. But I see why
why it has a rep as an "old man" club.
B. Tower II DID NOT increase the cover on Friday night. I actually gave the dude
a twenty and walked off. He had to call me back to give me my change.
C. Traxx/Carnivale was hot, literally. There had to be about 10,000 people
there. And I am in love with the winner of the Hot Body contest. He had the
HOTTEST body and rightfully won. But for some reason, Jensen Atwood didn't
seem as sexy as he use to be. Or maybe I need to change my contacts.
D. Sunday night at Club Europe was all that and a phat ass and big chest. I got
see Toccara, Karamo, Monica and all the sexy men that you would want to see.
The fashion show lasted a bit longer than I liked, but Monica made up for it.
She is just down-home Southern Hood. I love her.
E. On Monday, we went to a pool party out in Stone Mountain, but the mosquitos
were on attack, so we didn't stay long. It was crowded as hell and I kept
wondering "What are the neighbors thinking seeing all of these men with no
women." Monday night at the Compound was cool. I didn't drink at all and
enjoyed the music. For some reason I don't even remember the performance by
Kaia because I was too busy being fast and being a playa. When
that club closed, we headed over to The Cabin Room cause I wasn't ready to go
home. It was aight, but that place is creepy as hell and a 6'6" drag queen
stepped on my toe in some high heels. I can't even describe how painful that
was.

2. I saw a few bloggers: Derrick L. Briggs, Prodigal Sun, His Story, Frank Leon
Roberts, and No4Real4Real. The only one that I spoke to was No4Real4Real because
he and I met last year. If you are wondering why I didn't meet the others, it's
because I always feel ackward introducing myself to people that I know of who have
no idea who I am. It feels kinds stupid having to explain how you know someone
and they are thinking that you may be a stalker or something.

3. Each year that I attend this event it makes me want to hit the gym a little more.
Seeing all of these dudes with bodies that make you want to turn and slap someone
makes me a little jealous. But then again, they work at it a lot more than I do.
But I make a vow, that I will be Tight T-Shirt ready by my birthday in March! And
next Labor Day Weekend, I pledge to walk around a club with my shirt over my
shoulder!

4. I only spent $250 the whole weekend. Can you imagine that a few years ago, I
spent almost $2000 in one weekend in Atlanta. But that was for a rental car,
expensive hotel, treating 10 friends to dinner, shopping, and clubbing. And
also, my annual birthday trips to NYC cost about that much. So this year was a
bargain!

5. I can't wait until next year!

9 Comments:

Blogger fuzzy said...

I gotta get myself together and go next year. I vow that next year will be my vacation year!

9:22 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger K Kaos said...

Glad ur alive sir, welcome back. Sounds like u had hella fun, I have never been to a Gay pride, but its on my list.

Im jealous u got to see Karamo, u know I hate him. I can also believe Jensen wasnt looking as sexy as usual, because he has some moments, where he is like BLAH.

10:23 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger the young people's professor said...

lol, i loved this post. next time come up to me just like a stalker and say hello man! lol.

2:30 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger life said...

I love Monica. What did she perform?

11:21 PM, September 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...it's not worth it to spend money on meaningless things. And then we wonder why we are broke.

11:05 AM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@ Fuzzy and K Kaos-Both of you need to make plans for next year.

@Frank-Next time I see you, I will make sure that I speak to you.



@LIfe-Monice performed quite a few songs. Spippets of songs, i'll say, but quite a few. Of course I got all hype when she did "When the Beat Drops."

@Captain-What I eat doesn't make you shit. Don't worry about my money and what I do with it.

1:11 PM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$250? That was a bargain!

12:13 PM, September 15, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man sounds like you did the do. And no4real is off the chain ain't he? LOL.

10:53 AM, September 16, 2006  
Blogger WATER said...

You should've came up to me...Especially, if I'm considering to MOVE down to ATL...hmmmmm!?!

So holla at a brotha'...I don't bite! (well...LoL!)

9:08 PM, September 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home