Saturday, August 05, 2006

Me? A Thug? Wha? Wha?

So last night, I went out again. I was dressed in my usual gear. That consists of a pair of baggy or loose fittin jeans and a t-shirt or polo shirt and some gym shoes or Timbs. That's the way that I dress every day that I am not working. It's not thug-drag. That's just me.

I overheard someone say "he thinks he's a thug." When I turned around, I realized that he was talking about me. ME? I wasn't acting all wild and crazy, so I assumed that he was talking about my style of dress. Why do people think that the style of dress determines a person's demeanor and personality. I dress the way that I do because it's the style that I like. You will not catch me in the latest trendy gay styles. That's just not me. I am not anyone's thug nor am I trying to be. I am not overly masculine, nor am I overly feminine. I'm that brotha that's just in between.

Let me tell you something about me. I am just me. You could see me one day and get an impression of me and the next day see another side of me that would shock the hell out of you. The way that I walk changes. The way that I move my hands changes. The language that I use changes. The way that I drive changes. The way that I stand changes. I am not trying to be anything. I am just me.

Now what I should have done was turn around and go thug on his ass.

6 Comments:

Blogger fuzzy said...

The way you drive changes? uhhhh lets not change that one lol lets drive well all the time please!

I feel you though. I also think that the way a person carries themselves is how they are "read". At glance, somebody thought you were a thug. They didn't say hi or start a conversation with you to think otherwise. Nevertheless, we shouldn't judge others, its not fair, right, or just. I woulda been real sarcastic to the dude that called you out to get some type of benefit out of it, hehe!

6:13 PM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger That Girl said...

I feel yah...but they need to mind they own business.

8:29 PM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger E said...

Unfortunately people are judging us everywhere we go just as I suppose we judge folks. I shudder to think of all the things people say about me when I walk by them...*LOL*.

But yeah, baggy jeans doesn't automatically make one a thug.

8:46 PM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

We all do it, we catagorize folks by appearance. You were dressed in sterotypical thug attire so that comment was made. If it was more fitted you would have been called gay or metro.

The last line was funny! LOL

9:49 AM, August 06, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

No Captain. He said that I was TRYING to be a thug.

1:20 AM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

Boy, you know he was just hatin on you.

12:19 PM, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home