Monday, August 29, 2005

Cut From The Team


I was reading this article concerning Maurice Clarett being cut from the Denver Broncos (thats NFL football for those who don't watch the sport). While reading the article, I likened the situation to my situation with Linebacker. Clarett had issues as did Linebacker. In both situations, the player had issues that the coach tried to overlook because of the potential of the player. In this article, Coach Shanahan was quoted as saying "I know the situation, what's happened. His slate is clean and we're giving him an opportunity." I chosen to give the situation with my player a chance. I had said that I would not let any past experiences get in the way of what COULD happen here.

To reference the article, Clarett had injured himself early in training camp and missed practice several times and didn't seem to want to rehab. Linebacker had injured our situation when he said that he wouldn't consider doing you know what. Still Shanahan kept him on the team hoping that the situation would change for the better and I did the same with Linebacker. Luckily for both Shanahan and I, we both realized something before the season started. And that is that the situation was hopeless because the player wouldn't be able to help the team to a satisfactory goal. So, just like Shanahan did with Clarett, I released Linebacker from the team.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the spammers have attacked your blog site.

But to continue the analogy, you are now able to sign a free agent to replace your linebacker. He can now look for a team where he can play his desired position.

8:48 AM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Good luck with your new life now! Sometimes release is good - holding on to stuff that is bad for you ain't healthy anyway.

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

9:49 AM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger That Girl said...

Releasing things,people, or anything in your life that has the potential to hold you back can definately be a good thing!!

11:51 AM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

Baby...let it go. That was a toxic situation, and I'm glad you saw that it was and said those famous words:
You ARE The Weakest Link, Goodbye!

2:33 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger E said...

Heh. I only got one spammer so far. If I get more, I'll do the word verification thing myself..:-)

I'm sorry things didn't work out with linebacker but at least you had some good times with him.

12:02 AM, August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home