Friday, October 24, 2008

My Day On Yesterday

I noticed that a lot of bloggers like to relate the goings on of their lives each day. So guess what? I've never done that because I think that my life is boring as hell and that there is nothing to tell. But i'm going to try anyway and see what happens.

10/23/08

Because I went to my favorite restaurant, Joe's on Juniper Wednesday night, I didn't wake up until 10am Thursday. Joe's has the best drinks and the best food in all of gay Atlanta and I could go there at least 3 or 4 times a week if money allowed. But anyway, back to Thursday. When I woke up, it was my best friend calling me to remind me to take his car over to the collision center for an estimate for repairs.

I got my tired ass up and tried to decide what to wear for the day. Normally I would throw on some jeans and a shirt of some type, but today I decided to do something different. I put on some gray pinstripe slacks and a dress shirt. Don't ask me why I did that, but I did.

After taking the car for the estimate I headed down to the Lindbergh area to meet Beatmug for lunch for his break and to switch cars. We usually meet for lunch at least once a month just to get our white woman on. This month, it was Chili's on Piedmont. We did the usual lunch with no drinks only because he had to get back to work.

Since he had to get a haircut before lunch, I decided to head over to AidAtlanta, to get my annual HIV test. I actually had gone Tuesday, but when I tell you it was packed in there I ain't lying! There were at least 15 people waiting which I guess is a good thing. But I really didn't feel like waiting, so I told the receptionist that I would be back to get a test. But back to Thursday. I took the OraSure test and waited the 20 minutes it takes for the results. When I take an HIV test, i'm never nervous like I was 10 years ago when I took my first one. My results came back negative and I was on my way.

After lunch and my test, I headed back home and got my butt back in the comfort of my bed. I didn't get the chance to rest like I planned to this week because I got called into my part-time job Tuesday and Wednesday (gotta pay for that Nordstrom purchase I made on Wednesday). So getting back in the bed was wonderful. I needed a rest since I was headed back to Joe's again.

After the nap, I got in the car and headed downtown to pick up surprise surprise, YABG. He's in town this week for work and finally i'm at home this week from work. I said that I wasn't gonne post this, but I will. When we got back to my car and got in, my car smelled like old cheese and baby diapers. I noticed the look on Royce's face and realized that he smelled it also. Someone please tell me why I had left the trash in my trunk of my car? I had intended to take it out when I left the apartment, but I completely forgot! I was determined to get that shit out of my car, so I found a hotel with an open dumpster and tossed it. Then it was on to drinks and food.

If you haven't had a chance to hang out with YABG, you're missing a good time. The dude had me laughing all night and we talked about everything under the sun between his vodka gimlets and my martinis. I ordered fried shrimp and he ordered a chicken Philly. I had already told him that the food was great (since all of the cooks have skin like ours). I let him have one of my shrimp and then I had to guard my plate. I think that the server was trying to get us drunk because he was back each time out glasses got halfway empty. I think that I had 4 martinis and YABG had 4 vodka gimlets.

I think that we left Joe's about 11 and were headed back to the hotel when YABG called a blog commenter that he had talked to earlier, Jump Off Joe. We convinced JOJ to get out of the house and meet us out so that we all could meet each other. We couldn't think of any place to go and didn't want to go to Bulldogs, so we settled on Starbucks and told him to meet us there. But guess what? We were there all of 20 minutes when they were kicking us out so because they were closing. The nerve of them!!!!!!! I took my caramel machiatto and sauntered out of the store!

Guess where we ended back up again!!!??? Need I even tell you? We got back to our martinis and gimlets while we waited for JOJ to arrive. He finally got there and we talked and laughed and talked and laughed. I took over the juke box and played some Beyonce, Mary J. and Keysha Cole. Can you believe that someone came behind me and played "My Life' by Ms. Blige? And mid-song we realized that the place was closing and we had to get the hell out of there.

The 3 of us chatted for a hot minute in the parking lot but it was too damn windy and chilly to keep doing that. So we said bye bye to JOJ and I dropped YABG off at his hotel. I headed home and got this ass in the bed. And here I am typing away.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

Joe's on Juniper.... Chilli's.... *shakes head and walks away*

No seriously Joe's is cool, mad that is your favorite though. I think mine was 2 Urban Licks or Nan over by Atlantic Station...

And I never quite understood why people who work and have insurance go to clinics for HIV tests? Why not just go to your primary care???

11:45 AM, October 24, 2008  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

@CBW-Why make an appointment to go to my primary care physician and pay a copay when I can get tested for free and not have to make an appointment?

11:56 AM, October 24, 2008  
Blogger JOHANNES said...

Thanks for sharing 'a day' in your life.

Cool. I must say that I thought I had clicked over to something else by mistakes when I read the comments above. So I went back and re-read the post. I was not focused at all on the HIV test thing. I do not know you well enough to know you have insurance, so it seemed as normal as "talking and laughing" to me.

I rarely comment. Just wanted you to know that 'a day' in your life is a nice post. Mixed in with other stuff for the sake of variety and some spice, it is nice.

Hugs
JON
Greenville, SC

1:43 PM, October 24, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was a nice post. I got the invite too late to meet y'all out. I was in the area but did not get the email until I got home..late. I was at Outwrite. But it is on the next time. The first round on me...Hen and coke.

5:36 PM, October 24, 2008  
Blogger Chet said...

By all means you have an exciting life which happens to include a career, and it appears that your social life is plentiful.

Yeah some of us tend to list our daily activities on our blogs and trust most of our lives trend very closely to the other bloggers, we work, date and divorce or break-up, clubbing and share friendships with a host of people, so your life is no way boring in fact you travel far more than most of us and that is always exciting.

I am pleased to hear that the people are lining up and actually waiting to have HIV test done, being in outreach I can appreciate that very much.

Hope to read more about you in the near future.

6:43 PM, October 24, 2008  
Blogger ThisMightBeMe said...

It sounded like a very interesting day in my opinion. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

3:13 AM, October 26, 2008  
Blogger K Kaos said...

All I wanna know what did you buy at Nordstrom?!

11:23 AM, October 26, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

sounds like fun...yea, we love YABG. Although, Chicago ain't really his home anymore seeing as though he's here 2 days out of the month!

8:26 AM, October 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your day... man, I don't know why you think your life is boring... you are constantly traveling and spending time with others in cabins and what-not... doesn't seem boring to me...

Umm, I think there is nothing wrong with testing at clinics with or without insurance... I don't know where CBW is coming from with that comment... I don't care if you are mailing in your samples to the doctor by carrier pigeon... GET TESTED ANY WAY YOU CAN... especially in ATL!!!!

BOO for the trash in the trunk! It has happened to me too! I about died! hahaha

The night sounded like fun... if I were in ATL I would have definitely hung!

Definitely do more posts like this!

9:59 AM, October 27, 2008  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

i wasnt suggesting you make an appointment to go see your physician for an HIV test. I just thought it would be part of your normal doctors visit.

i have mine twice a year when i go to for my normal checkup.

6:33 PM, October 28, 2008  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

Oh you know we had TOO much fun! It made the amount of BS i went through with my co-workers bearable. But, boy was my head hurting that next day.

10:26 AM, October 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home